Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Korvaran Calendar (Korlendar)
Korvarans can't determine what month it is (i think), which is basically insignificant in all regards except for star signs and prominence months. How am I supposed to know to sparkle on because its month 1?

Similar to telling the current hour, clicking laplaceNET should tell you the current month:

SystemIt is currently Hour 4 and Month 2.
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 2 users Like JamOfBoy's post:
  • DogmaticDusk, sirtrex
It should tell you the current year, too
[-] The following 2 users Like Poruku's post:
  • DogmaticDusk, sirtrex
(07-24-2023, 05:49 PM)Poruku Wrote: It should tell you the current year, too
Definitely, Its hard to properly date historical events since I have to guestimate dates from the various lore books for each faction that don't connect sometimes.
I added the day and month to this. The year is a bit trickier because that's mostly based on G6 time, and it doesn't really come up much gameplay wise.
(08-07-2023, 10:08 PM)Neus Wrote: I added the day and month to this. The year is a bit trickier because that's mostly based on G6 time, and it doesn't really come up much gameplay wise.
The year is pretty important for managing backstory and historical events as well as character age. It often comes up that people wonder how long ago a certain thing happened, and some people have different answers
I'd rather someone just started managing time in game in a way that wasn't hard coded. There are too many things that would feel rather weird if we took every week or so to be an IC year. Like war. Or any aspect of life.

Or, inversely, we just keep it relatively unspoken because god knows trying to stick a static chronology onto this game this late in it would be rather weird. Some people just want to play a 16 year old, not a 16 year old who very quickly becomes a 20 something year old.
[-] The following 4 users Like FaeLenx's post:
  • caliaca, MothEnthusiast, Poruku, Pyro