Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dhessence
It's a fun skill, fun theme, but it fails to deliver what it preaches, so please make it a little stronger without going overboard.

Quote:Dhessence

Create a vitality-stealing burst of darkness that hits 1 enemy within 5 range, dealing Dark magic damage to them. If it hits, you recover HP (based on Rank) and half of their Scaled VIT. If the target was weak to Dark damage, you recover 50% more.

If this skill defeats the enemy, your gain Stolen Essence for 5 rounds.

(Stolen Essence increases the Power of your next Healing skill or spell by LV (LV = Defeated Enemy's Scaled VIT * 2). If the battle ends while this is active, it is consumed to heal your own HP/FP instead.)

Speaking roughly numbers, this may make it heal a MAXIMUM of either...

31 VIT ~ 10 + 15 for 25 HP heal on squishies.
40 VIT ~ 10 + 20 for 30 HP heal on average.
55 VIT ~ 10 + 27 for 37 HP heal on tanks.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Pyro
Honestly? I kinda like a heal that scales based on your enemy's Vitality, I think that's incredibly unique. I could see that happening, and it keeps the ability scaling in a good spot for the early game. That's a good idea.

Any way how that is applied is probably a plus in my books.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Pyro
Since it has a 1t CD I think 75% of scaled VIT wouldn't be out of the ballpark, but I'm not sure. It doesn't seem like a lot on paper for the investment.
That's why I ask for a new effect that interacts with the rest of the class. (Definitely not because I play an essence thief fox char, no.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I couldn't honestly agree more. The skill lacks so much in every aspect on top of already being dark damage which is very easy to resist with the right materials or gear. It has a 1 turn cooldown for an extremely low damaging skill with extremely low recovery even if you use dark weakness or idol. It's also single target in 5 range which is very small and costs 3M so it's not exactly momentum friendly for recovery at all. The recovery numbers need a big bump up for sure. I could also argue that the scaling should be bumped up to 120% to be in league with Curate's other spells which scale that same way. All in all, +1 from me.
[-] The following 2 users Like PantherPrincess's post:
  • Pyro, Snake