Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove Boss Immunities
Title. Bosses get immunity from, to my knowledge, charm, fear and confusion. Probably more than just that, but I'm not certain. Now, this isn't really a case of 'oh that's too strong!' so much as it is a case of unnecessarily shutting down certain build components. A charm-based build is inherently going to get to use less of their kit against a boss than someone who just smacks for big damage.

A hexer has no reason to go Death Knighting against the big bad (even though transforming seems like something you'd WANT to do against your strongest enemy) because their main passive is useless. Note, I'm arguing for removing BASE immunity for bosses universally. In its place, I'd suggest more fine-tuned resistance passives on a case-by-case basis, similar to what the [REDACTED 100] mobs have. A +75 charm res and +50 confusion res for Alraune, as an example. Make it challenging, but not impossible. This also lets mobs that have OTHER reasons to be immune (Spectre Knight fear immunity because undead, as an example) shine more uniquely.

Basically, this is just to make it so there's a PVE reason to run every build, instead of just arbitrarily telling a BK/Ghost he can't be scary, or a Performer that he can't be (magically) charming.
I would say yes to fear at least. Charm however is really strong in certain cases, but I still think it's fair to drop the immunity.

Confusion immunity must absolutely stay, speaking as an eventmin
Better thing for it is letting them gain a long status immunity after it expires.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'm not really privvy to this eventmin-specific reasoning behind confusion not being included, but I do recognize that confusion is one of the most powerful statuses for PVE. Liberal application of +100 confusion resistance skills or a new flat out immunity skill would be fine, as a counter. That way eventmin can just slap that onto whatever they want, while allowing certain bosses to be hit with it. Also a skill that does what Snake suggested.

"After X status expires, this unit gains x status immunity for y rounds." This as a skill for eventmin and PVE mobs, to be used where needed.
They have those tags to prevent people from cheesing the bosses. It hurts certain builds and certain skills, sure but as long as the builds can still operate without these functions, it's fine. So no, they can stay lol.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
It's hard to say they're there to 'prevent cheesing bosses' when said bosses are, in large part, exceptionally easy to cheese anyway. Or to just beat normally. There's 4 exceptions, 3 level 80 bosses that are 'challenging' and the [REDACTED] that I've heard about but never seen. The Lava Slime is extremely easy to beat, especially with mercenaries, and no other boss is difficult from 60 or below in basically any context other than a new player.

Radigal can be cheesed in numerous ways, and I'm sure the other 2 'challenging' level 80 bosses have their cheese strats. I see no reason why fear and charm especially shouldn't be non-universal for these bosses, especially if they receive some sort of skill to give them increased resistance in lieu of it. Hardly any bosses require more thought than 'put a merc to the left of it and throw out damage every turn'. Fear can't really be 'cheesed' outside of intentional class mechanics (And would help with the problem dodgies are having against bosses to begin with).

I can see the argument for confusion, but ironically I feel that affects the challenging bosses less since they have better patterns and AoE coverage, as opposed to wasting time basic-attacking their own allies. Still, selectively applied immunities are better than broad, sweeping ones. Finer control, and feels more deliberate for balance.
I don't see a problem in cheesing bosses in PVE given you're using your brain to outsmart the opponent. Not every build has good damage output... And if you don't build to dps to fuck and back you just die no matter what because the mobs have the best of both fucking worlds in a lot of cases.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
[Image: Hexer_Icon.png?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC...=GetObject]
I'm down for removing the immunity if we nerf pve confusion. Like make it 50% chance per turn that mobs will behave normally, even if their aoes still hit allies
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • MothEnthusiast