Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of Underwhelming Weapon Lines
Here is a list of underwhelming weapon lines, I don't expect them all to be updated, nor do I really expect it all to happen at once, I have compiled this list of item lines that should have builds dedicate  to them that currently fall flat somewhere. Whether by introducing new items to synergize with them or by introducing potentials/straight buffs/special strikes matters not to me so long as something occurs for them.

So I will not be listing any major specifics, perhaps some personal desires and thats where it ends. I compiled the list so that it could be pulled from in case Dev wishes to update one of the weapon lines based on a whim in any following update.

List of weapon archetypes that could be targeted for a buff:

-Elemental Steal/copying line of items (Ulrenroka/Farren etc.)
--Unsure on this one, probably enhancing the base gimmick

-Dragon Swords (Narcus/Ensui/Kirosh/Setsuna)
--I think potentials would set them all right and could be cool.

-Dual Elemental Fan line (Qinglongram, Zhuluquarie, Baihurai, Xuanwuken)
--Potentials involving extra dual-element spells would be cool.

-Vampiric Line of weapons (Tenderiziers/Dagger of Bleeding/Bloody Fang etc.)
--HP sustain is fine they just need something else to make them 'build' worthy, likely additional item synergies.

-Replica type weapons (Shredder/artemis etc.)
--Potentials would be cool.

-Finishing the magical x line of weapons (Magical Star/Sun etc.)
--Invocation potentials matching each one's element, my favorite line of weapons.

-Sea Hunter line of weapons
--a shared potential among all of them, see my thread here for my original idea some time ago when I used to run these weapons. (https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...?tid=8231&)

-Anti-youkai line of weapons (Mythslayer/Spirit Hunter/Adversity Annihilator)
--Not many of these, could use potentials.

-Elemental Katanas that are not Raijin (Akujin/Sanjin/Kouenjin/Yukijin/Sogensara)
--Mostly need changes to make sheath sword comparable to Hisen/Raijin's counterparts. Also probably elemental scaling like Raijin has.

-Remaining 'elemental' line of weapons (Moonblade/Icebreaker/Sleigher/Evil Club/Holy Lance/Abberation Spear/Cerron Scepter)
--Potentials like Gel'naia/Eresh/Siphon/Crystal Blade all got.

-Oudated set effects (Beo+Whulf, Mugendai+Konosekai)
--These are the only two that are extremely outdated and need some form of update.

EDIT: These are underwhelming from my perspective and many, many build tests involving them over the last few years or so.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Snake
the elemental attack stealing items in my opinion need to be changed to "steals half of the enemies elemental attack and adds it to your own"

The anti youkai weapons failing point for me is their scaling, san scaling being quite detrimental

the elemental katana's need better sheath swords, but I also think they need scaling changes to differentiate from each other. I recommend adding flamelit, Cold, dark and dextria dark to akujin, making sogensara scale skill and making sanjin scale guile.
yeah those items that replace your ele atk need a whole redesign cause they just make no sense. But I agree, I really think all these items need to be changed, it would bring so much cool diversity to the game without being that difficult. As it stands they're in the game but nobody uses them
They're not underwhelming on your perspective, they're underwhelming period. Their only saving grace was the weird scalings we had before, but now they've completely fallen to obscurity.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]