Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[2.78] Body Guardn't
Body Guard, when activated, is not reducing extra damage from Bonus sources.

Tested with an Electric Axe smashing me upside the head for 62 damage whenever the hit prior procced Bodyguard and put me in range.

The electric axe still did 62 damage on it's crit effect.
This isn't a bug, electric axe's on-hit is unresistable (meaning it bypasses DR). Body Guard's effect adds 50% DR when its effect triggers, which means it it wouldn't reduce the effect's damage.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
(10-09-2023, 09:19 PM)InsainArcaneBirdbrain Wrote: This isn't a bug, electric axe's on-hit is unresistable (meaning it bypasses DR). Body Guard's effect adds 50% DR when its effect triggers, which means it it wouldn't reduce the effect's damage.

Unresistable passes only Armor, Unprotectable means it bypasses both resistances and armor. Either way it is dealing unprotectable damage so the description needs updating (its probably just old), you are correct in that it should be ignoring DR.

More like either the description of the item is incorrect or the item is dealing unprotectable damage instead of unresistable and may be why Electric Axe is so unusually powerful.
"Reduces all damage that exceeds your current HP by half."

This implies all damage.

I don't really care how/why things are going on.

For reference, the Electric Axe does way more damage than the Tuning Fork-- seeing as the Tuning Fork's On Hit effect often does 0 damage.
Is the Tuning Fork "protection-ignoring" or "armor-ignoring"? Because otherwise you may as well as make a balance-fu about Electric Axe's on-crit effect, since protection-ignoring effects take priority over any damage reduction. (I.E it's like league's true damage)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Autumn
(10-10-2023, 04:02 AM)Snake Wrote: Is the Tuning Fork "protection-ignoring" or "armor-ignoring"? Because otherwise you may as well as make a balance-fu about Electric Axe's on-crit effect, since protection-ignoring effects take priority over any damage reduction. (I.E it's like league's true damage)

Oh.. you think it's protection-ignoring or armor ignoring???

That's cute.

On Hit: Deals up to X (X = character level or 10, whichever is higher) sound magic damage to the target. (Depends on the enemy armor. Heavy Armor = 100%, Light Armor = 50%, Unarmored = 25%)

It's neither. It's just 15/30/60 damage depending on your armor type. Which would be cool in some instances. Except it will basically deal 0 damage versus unarmored, 10~ against lightly armored, and a measly 30 (or less) against Heavy armored.
Zerg is right. Body Guard is under damage reduction (special) which is ignored by unresistable damage. Unresistable damage, for the record, ignores everything but elemental resistance. (If you the see the 'no_reduc' flag in player debug, that's what it means).