Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazy Beasts
Black Beasts will use Dark Calling when they can easily just walk to you. Might be best to check if they can walk, and if they're not Immobilized or out of range, walk.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
Does it really matter?
Guess not. Forgot that it didn't cost FP. Sorry.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6349#p6349 Wrote:Neus » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:46 am[/url]"]Does it really matter?

It actually CAN matter; they are only supposed to use it if they didn't attack last turn, but they seem to often use it anyway. This really leads to more mobile, "keep-away" style builds getting hit hard. I've actually been dropped from 100% to 0% in one turn on such an occasion when they were all ganking an ally, and then simultaneously, all three all decided to just call over to me on the same turn, even though they were just attacking my ally the turn before. (At higher levels on squishier builds, their Roar Strength bonus can get quite high. I've taken 60 damage non-crits on characters with only 200 hp.)

It's really quite dumb, considering. I get that it's a good prevention for game breaking circumstances, but the fact that they can and will use calling to just jump targets at random instead of focusing on whoever they're fighting like any other AI is infuriating when you consider that Calling's skill description explicitly states that they will only use if if they have not attacked in two turns (by which I assume means actions, so 2 "turns" per round. Meaning, Attack/Nothing-/Move/Call would make sense, but Attack/Nothing/Call/Attack, which is what they do, is wrong.)
*loud burp*