Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Prophlyactic Blood
Because I've seen people say is "all it's gonna take is one balance fu thread" and "This shits busted" -- and I have been subjected to it in four fights now.

Ghost/BK (or really anyone with BK and has a forced move) can do Prohpylaxis to set up 4 tiles around them.

Then Scarlet Twister a target through 2-3 of the tiles, performing basic attacks with an increased 30% crit damage on each.

And then the Scarlet Twister attack.

And then, a 3rd attack because Duelist.

Yes, Prophylaxis has a cooldown of 5 turns. I don't really think being able to delete someone who started within 4 tiles of you is something that should really be fashionable. This is coming from a BK who was 10% Guarding, Bulwark (which didnt proc because forced movement skills don't proc it), BK Fear effect for Indomitable to be stronger, and Ensui..

I'm losing, at potentia, 849 HP from the combo at a tank. Because I'm getting smacked 5 times in 1 turn.

How to fix this?

Make Prophylaxis stop you from moving past if you've already hit one in the same action. It does this for basic movement, but forced moves don't. For some asinine reason.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rendar's post:
  • MothEnthusiast
its totally fine i swear
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ray2064's post:
  • Rendar
Prophylaxys + Multi tile pulls have been used many times to cheese people in the past and will continue to be used until the interaction is removed, even if it stopped you on the first tile it'd be worth it to use given the increased critical damage of the attack.

It doesn't really take a lot of thought or effort to explain why Prophylaxys + Scarlet Twister is a bad thing, when it is equivalent to 4 actions in a turn (then fleur gives you another one). You won't see me complaining about it's departure.
Can always just make it proc only once per enemy unit.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It's funny because it's a class combo that is already pretty dominant, so it's even more of a problem. But for the longest time I haven't seen much of this combo in pvp myself. Main reason is that it requires your enemy to pretty much be in position, and if you drag them from the front, they'll get to parry and riposte in your back and then riposte a second time. Also it only works if you're already at low hp since you need the twister to pull many tiles. Overall I would say the combo is a little toxic, though. It's just too powerful for little investment. However I think it would be cool if it was kept in the game. Just reduce the damage of prophylaxis by 50% when it already procced on the same target this turn.