Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Potions
Infinite consumables on one slot is silly.

Blue potions are one of the biggest offenders rn.

They enable really silly stuff.

Stop making them inifnite.

...But make them 100 FP instead. 

That way its 20 stats of will. Like hi pot is 20 stats of vitality.

We did it.
I think increasing blue pots to 100 means people are saving 12m over the course of however many turns. I don't know the math on it, but that's a lotta momentum saved.
I would prefer people not be able to hoover up a billion blue pots when combined with stones and whatnot though.
How about we make more TYPES of blue potion, the basic blue potion is the equivalent of a stabilizer... MORE ALCHEMY CRAFTING RECIPIES... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Either increasing the flat amount of giving FP Regeneration on top of the flat amount it already gives is probably for the best. Blue Potions just wouldn't be good if they were moved to a once a battle item slot in their current condition, so targeting it and buffing it for making it once a battle seems about right to me.
60 FP would still be plenty valuable as a new amount, that's like 3-6 skill uses if you're not a hexer or something that eats a bunch of FP. Plus the alchemy talent would still boost it further.
If it's gonna be one at a time. Might as well give it the hi potion treatment.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Blue potions as they are are just a crutch to make certain FP hungry builds that don't have any form of FP regeneration viable. If they were made single use they'd definitely need a buff. Any fight that drags on long enough for someone to break out the blue pots doesn't end at just one, and I'd rather not buff sustain tanks into being oppressive beyond all reason again. The moment running your opponent out of FP becomes viable against half the builds in game with no other pressure applied, you're going to see a lot 7m guarding builds with their own inherent healing and FP Regen.
[-] The following 3 users Like FaeLenx's post:
  • Miller, Poruku, Red Witch
(11-25-2023, 10:01 AM)FaeLenx Wrote: Blue potions as they are are just a crutch to make certain FP hungry builds that don't have any form of FP regeneration viable. If they were made single use they'd definitely need a buff. Any fight that drags on long enough for someone to break out the blue pots doesn't end at just one, and I'd rather not buff sustain tanks into being oppressive beyond all reason again. The moment running your opponent out of FP becomes viable against half the builds in game with no other pressure applied, you're going to see a lot 7m guarding builds with their own inherent healing and FP Regen.

TBH we're already seeing a lot of blue pot spam builds. This is mostly to rectify that while providing a corresponding buff so they aren't dog as hell.
(11-25-2023, 10:01 AM)FaeLenx Wrote: Blue potions as they are are just a crutch to make certain FP hungry builds that don't have any form of FP regeneration viable. If they were made single use they'd definitely need a buff. Any fight that drags on long enough for someone to break out the blue pots doesn't end at just one, and I'd rather not buff sustain tanks into being oppressive beyond all reason again. The moment running your opponent out of FP becomes viable against half the builds in game with no other pressure applied, you're going to see a lot 7m guarding builds with their own inherent healing and FP Regen.

I do agree with this. If they must be made single use then they definitely need a buff.
(11-25-2023, 10:08 AM)caliaca Wrote:

TBH we're already seeing a lot of blue pot spam builds. This is mostly to rectify that while providing a corresponding buff so they aren't dog as hell.
Blue potion spam builds are inherently worse than builds that don't need to use 3m every other turn to keep going. Blue potion spam isn't going to win you a fight. It'll just keep you fighting, and it's already a losing position unless your opponent is also suffering for FP or just really willing to let you keep doing it for free.