Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Korvara] Akashic Research Progress - Nikolai Magishinya
Applicable BYOND Key - Grorg

Character Name - Nikolai Magishinya (Sickly Researcher / Masked Researcher)

Request Type - In-Universe research.

Request Details -  This request is to further connect Nikolai and his research to the Akashic Record, either through flat-out discovery, or a big chunk of information that can act as a breakthrough, allowing for more research to be done without worry about breaking lore.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) -  Whether it's simply something I'm given permission to do, or something that I can work with someone OOCly for, I am at a point where I can't justify trying to make up more reasons why Nikolai hasn't further understood the power that he's harnessing. This is making it increasingly difficult to play the character as progress in his research has come to a crawl, making it feel like he's doing functionally nothing every time I log in.

I absolutely understand that it's not likely that this application be accepted outright, but I am willing to work with GMs and Eventmins to make this into an interesting story for everyone involved.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - Nikolai has been ICly tapping into the Akashic Record in order to cast spells using colorless focus (Using Ephemeral Insight to deal Akashic Damage). He's developed theories regarding this source of power being functionally the opposite of the Void, and he has personally believed there is way more to the origins of this Colorless Focus than there is on the surface.