Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Potions
I'll post my own take on the matter since I don't really believe I did much more than post replies to the thread.

Blue Potions, in a vacuum, I'd say are actually quite fine as they are. You spend 3M in order to regain 45 FP, which can be worth about 2 to 3 actions, in some cases. This prevents some builds from hard-losing due to being unable to do anything the moment they run out of FP, specifically against opponents that are quite better off in that regard.

Now, I would agree with the points made that they're arguably quite stronger than some other, supposedly intended to be more specialized, FP regen options. This is quite silly in itself but the issue should likely be pointed towards the former.

But as it stands, removing/nerfing them to the ground would simply erase the long-term viability (as in, over the duration of a fight) of a good amount of builds who simply don't have access to that regen, and let off the ones who have it easier (see : mages and summoners i hate mages and summoners) off the hook easily enough. You now have FP matter- but only for those who can't afford it in the first place. Woops.

The idea of 'just managing your FP bro' isn't really applicable due to the way the game works. You have a build that, while possibly flexible, still has a set amount of tools, skills, and statline to work with. You can't just tell a Kensei to dump 20 points in WIL and mind using their class. You can't just break the viability of a build and then just tell someone to get a better one with better sustain options.

If you're being kited, healed at, etc, more often than not you have no other options but to burn through some FP in order to keep up the pressure.
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
Truly the real need is to buff battle spirits trait to 2 fp per attack, 4 on crit.
In all seriousness, just make blue potions not stack, and add higher fp recovery potions to be crafted. Up to like base 200 for 5m and potion sickness.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water