Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All Handguns have less than 10 Power, and are underwhelming.
As the title said. All handguns, not most, not some. ALL handguns have less than 10 Power. Which makes Akmedis a hard counter to them, even if they scale purely on GUI. Since handguns lack a high base critical damage like daggers do, the torso pretty much counters the entire weapon class. The problem's not really the torso, just the design of those weapons, which could get a little touch-up.

I have a few pitches regarding it:

- Akmedis could only work against melee weapons for the -25% critical damage effect.

- All Handgun-types could be amped to a range of 9~12 base Power.

- Extended Grip should grant +2 Power, +2 Rounds and +2 Weight.

- Since most Bullet weapon parts have more drawbacks than benefits, I think they could be more unique in their effects. A few ideas in particular to each type goes as:
>> Aerodynamic: Guarantees the first Glancing Blow roll will be positive.
>> Piercing: Ignores 25% of the enemy's PDR and Armor.
>> Hellround: No need.
>> Scatter: +2 Rounds.
>> Silver: No need.

I really don't like how Handguns are so vulnerable to Evasive (handguns have poor accuracy) and Tank (it can reduce your damage to 0, no matter how high you stack it) defensive options. It makes the archetype of an Akimbo gunner suffer a lot, and you can't even properly use Rampaging due to low base power.

Back in the old days, guns were the de-facto counter to tanky builds, since evading them was extremely easy. And still is, mind you! But right now, the archetype does not have anything good going for them, aside single-tapping people with an Excel Sniper, or getting oodles of SWA from a Boulder Jackhammer.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
The Kiss Farewell is 10 power.

That being said, I really just think that Akmedis needs a nerf.
Im for giving handguns something unique for their niche so all gun types have a use.
Shotgun is unga damage, Snipers are ranged monsters second to bows, handguns.... have akimbo? (Twin dance invalidates it)
I want a barrel slot for handguns only that causes damage to ramp up the more rounds you put into a target in that same turn. It actually INCENTIVIZES using high round count guns to get maximum damage
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
it's a leftover from when handguns would apply their power per shot instead of divided amongst rounds, they could definitely be touched upon for sure.
Yeah and for some reason we still have remnants of that age with stuff like evil force and even amalgama's spirit shot.

Currently the niche for handguns is them being an easy twin dance weapon with magic gunner. Lots of hits guarantees you get on hit effect, so it's great for slapping people with shell damage and getting consistent crits for momentum as well. Also decent with claret call. They're not bad, but they suffer from a big problem of lack of variety. There's a lot of handguns but most of them are really not interesting barring a few exceptions.

We could really use some handguns with on-hit bonus damage effects now that it wouldn't break the game. And other cool things.

But kunai's assessment of handguns seems pretty wrong imo. They do great against evasive targets due to their high round count, though the guns generally lack hit bonuses due to magic gunner having very few options. And they don't do any worse against tanks than a normal weapon. Armor only reduces your damage on the entire attack, not every round. So if you hit 0 with a handgun, you would have hit 0 with a rifle. Just wanted to clear that one up
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Snake