Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Class Stat Passives (For everyone)
Only thing I really have a comment on is that for a class that really lives off flexibility and being able to use almost anything, that STR/GUI feels oddly limiting for DH.
I don't see what the benefit of this is. I don't really like the stat passives overall, but if every class had them, then it would kind of make them even more pointless. Instead, there should be more simple innates. For instance, a tiny bit of conditional evade bonus, a tiny bit of conditional hit bonus, a hint of extra damage or tankiness... This is what differentiates the power of many classes. Duelist is the king of base classes because it's a large amount of very good passives, while for some others the base class is kinda interchangeable. Curate comes to mind. Most base classes either have one or two crucial skills (southern wind, mass graft, mage's enchant) or a bunch of good passives (duelist, martial artist) and rarely both. All in all, the stat bonuses are not really an interesting way to tip the balance imo, especially because in some cases you won't want to have that particular stat (who the hell wants str/gui?). Instead of giving everyone stats, there should be a bit of everything else. Little simple things that fit the class and help to make it more attractive to those who aren't going to spam the active skills.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • MothEnthusiast
To add to the point above, this would have to extend to base classes if you truly wanted to make some sort of balance. Something on par with Vent Patale for every base class, because +10 stats (+15 with the right weapon), is a pretty big stat boost that isn't being accounted for in the original post.
I don't think I would say vent petale needs to be accounted for. It's 10 stats sure but with a cost. A big one at that, and it's not very good to go for it. Base classes not having stats is good
Demon Hunter would want Str, Gui, Cel, and Def. So +3 to all those. Take it or leave it.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
(12-30-2023, 05:14 AM)Raigen.Convict Wrote: Demon Hunter would want Str, Gui, Cel, and Def. So +3 to all those. Take it or leave it.

Probably go with leave it just because that's 4 separate stats being boosted by a single class.
I GOT AN IDEA! Remove class stats from DH like ghost and give each stance stats you gain while in them that count as class stats!
Reaver: 2 STR, 2 SKI
Cobra: 4 CEL
Desperado: 2 GUI, 2 LUC
Matador: 2 DEF, 2 RES.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
(He doesn't know Demon Hunter by itself gives base stat points and stances give direct statistics)

Demon Hunter in particular would benefit more from full GUI rather than GUI and STR. +6 GUI on DH would let me get an extra skill slot for free, for example, while gaining the full bonus HP from distributing directly in base STR.

So yeah. Demon Hunter should get either +6 GUI, or +3 SKI/GUI to emphasize how skilled and/or witty they are.

Additionally, this passive should let them swap an item out of their belt for no momentum every 2 rounds, at max rank.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]