Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Class Stat Passives (For everyone)
There are multiple classes that have been caught between very old class design and newer class design that have been glossed over entirely when it comes to having stat passives, they help a lot in planning out characters so once again I'm asking for passives to be implemented for the following classes, with suggestions (that need not be taken) in case that helps.

Ranger
+3 SKI/SAN

Aquamancer
+6 VIT

Firebird
+3 STR/CEL

Rune Magician
+3 WIL/GUI

Boxer
+3 CEL/DEF

Spellthief
+3 WIL/CEL

Demon Hunter
+3 STR/GUI

Grand Summoner
+6 WIL

Shapeshifter
+3 CEL/LUC

I will make the skill icons if needed be.
[-] The following 6 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Akaiger, Dezark, Fern, Snake, the homestuck man himself, TorientalVortX
Summoners are already stat-sticks via Install (assuming that wasn't removed since I last played them), Boxer gets effective defense from WIL, Firebird has Duelist's passive for sword/spear combos and gets a lot of SWA, etc. A lot of these really don't need more stats added on top.

DH and Ranger I can see the argument for, but RM and Aquamancer are quite strong even without this, so I'm iffy on those.
RM already gets mage's base enchant as of stat efficiency, and DH gets Fortitude from Soldier- and AQ gets Aegis, from Curate.

I'd agree with some MA classes, and maybe ST
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
(12-25-2023, 10:27 PM)MothEnthusiast Wrote: Summoners are already stat-sticks via Install (assuming that wasn't removed since I last played them), Boxer gets effective defense from WIL, Firebird has Duelist's passive for sword/spear combos and gets a lot of SWA, etc. A lot of these really don't need more stats added on top.

DH and Ranger I can see the argument for, but RM and Aquamancer are quite strong even without this, so I'm iffy on those.

For Summoner, Bonder gets +3 WIL/FAI so there's no reason the other 2 shouldn't get something either.

For Boxer, it gets DEF% from WIL at a heavily reduced rate that is mitigated by having points in DEF to begin with, it is effectively a variable percentage DR that is almost barely equivalent to Weathered Body, let alone what Monk can achieve with +5 STR/WIL from Woki and +3 CEL/SKI from their passive.

Ghost gets a +6 RES passive and +48 HP passive. Kensei gets a +3 STR SKI passive while both of these classes can apply for Vent Petale too (yes even Kensei). There is no reason Firebird shouldn't have a passive too.

(12-25-2023, 10:31 PM)Ray2064 Wrote: RM already gets mage's base enchant as of stat efficiency, and DH gets Fortitude from Soldier- and AQ gets Aegis, from Curate.

I'd agree with some MA classes, and maybe ST

Again like above, Hexer and Evoker get +6 stat passives, in addition to a 10% HP buff for Hexer too for only 1 point. There is no reason for RM to not get a passive too.

In the same vein as above, DH is the only soldier that doesn't have a +6 stat passive. Unless you count Bonus Bloodshed which is lvl 1 of an enchant iirc.

And once more, Priest gets +6 FAI, +5 WIL/FAI, while Lantern Bearer gets +6 RES in as well in addition to the Aegis passive, there is no reason for Aquamancer to not get a passive too.

This is why I put this thread in suggestions, the correlation between these classes getting additional quality of life passives doesn't actually spell out why certain classes are strong, some of the strongest classes in the game have stat passives up the ass (Like BK or Engineer) or simply don't (Like RM or Firebird)
(12-25-2023, 10:51 PM)Autumn Wrote: For Summoner, Bonder gets +3 WIL/FAI so there's no reason the other 2 shouldn't get something either.

For Boxer, it gets DEF% from WIL at a heavily reduced rate that is mitigated by having points in DEF to begin with, it is effectively a variable percentage DR that is almost barely equivalent to Weathered Body, let alone what Monk can achieve with +5 STR/WIL from Woki and +3 CEL/SKI from their passive.

Ghost gets a +6 RES passive and +48 HP passive. Kensei gets a +3 STR SKI passive while both of these classes can apply for Vent Petale too (yes even Kensei). There is no reason Firebird shouldn't have a passive too.

Problem with this line of thinking is, I don't think those classes should have all that they have to begin with. They both get a load of stats, but that doesn't mean that's a good thing that more classes should be doing. I don't see how having points in DEF mitigates free DR from having WIL in Boxer's case, afaik it just adds to DEF's DR number. It's not a separate instance of DR that's multiplicative, it's just added to the number that's already there.

Personally I'd rather see some of the stat-stick classes straight up lose the extra padding instead of adding more. Having a baseclass that affords you +10 stats, then adding +6 and some HP on top in your promo while some other classes only get that through active buffs that have to be maintained and can be removed? It's silly.

Doing it that way also reigns in some of the build-funneling that stat passives enable. An evoker that doesn't use a WIL weapon is getting shafted, for example, when compared to an Evo that does, or any other individual actually using the stats given by their passive.
Frankly.

I'd like for all class stat passives to be 3 ranks-- or 0 ranks and literally made into the base kit of the class.
(12-25-2023, 11:32 PM)MothEnthusiast Wrote: Ghost gets a +6 RES passive and +48 HP passive. Kensei gets a +3 STR SKI passive while both of these classes can apply for Vent Petale too (yes even Kensei). There is no reason Firebird shouldn't have a passive too.

Problem with this line of thinking is, I don't think those classes should have all that they have to begin with. They both get a load of stats, but that doesn't mean that's a good thing that more classes should be doing. I don't see how having points in DEF mitigates free DR from having WIL in Boxer's case, afaik it just adds to DEF's DR number. It's not a separate instance of DR that's multiplicative, it's just added to the number that's already there.
Since you don't seem to be aware, Weir Kounen and Stand Off scale in a way that is identical to multiplicative DR instead of additive, if you have 50% Phys. DEF for example, 60 WIL would not add 12% DR, it'd add 6%. Where as if you had 0% Phys.DEF then you'd gain 12% Phys.DEF.

This means it is slightly better than effects like Weathered Body or Indomitable, but the DR you get from it is so little that many other passives outscale it entirely and make these skills very weak in comparison since the others don't have very steep stat requirements.
heck yeah i'm down for more stat passive options or it all being made a default thing/or 3 ranks, stuff is mad helpful when making scuffed IC builds

+1
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Fern's post:
  • Autumn, Dezark
+1 to this, having more stat passive options is really nice honestly; or having it all being made a default/3 rank stuff like mentioned above!
I'm all for standardization, would also like them all to be 3SP max.