Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luck and Drop Rates
Loot scarcity in Korvara is truly sad stuff. I mean it's bad enough that we don't have access to a bunch of cool items, it's just really unrewarding to actually run dungeons, especially if your build isn't juiced enough to do solo runs of a bunch of guardians.

I would totally support a system that allows us to farm deterministically for certain items. Use a scarce currency to buy certain drops that are just way too rare but that everyone wants. Honestly, the trading experience in Korvara is just kind of an annoyance. This is something I said in the past but the minimal IC interactions you're getting out of trading are not really worth the hassle of how inconvenient it is. Not to mention if you're looking for something like a howling handshot or a crazy coyote, good luck finding it.

If I could gradually grind towards getting the item I really want, it would actually make me want to grind. Due to how most drops are completely random, there's no reason to grind unless you enjoy playing the lottery. Items that drop from specific monsters are a lot cooler because you can actually grind for those. If every item dropped from a specific mob I would also be happy.
Bosses dropping loot crates is 100% what I want on the table r/n. One for each person in the party. From there, they can be opened for 'Loot' (See: rolling on the loot table), or for 'Scraps', which gives fewer rolls over all-- or the same as it is now, but anything above 5* is turned into "Scrap", a new resource that weighs nothing.

Getting enough 9 star drops (Probably 3 or 4), allows you to trade said scrap in for a specific 9* of your choosing.

Bosses, as well, will now also drop their 'unique enchant' as a drop, or give you a Scrap that can, eventually, be redeemed for a level 6 enchanting reagent that allows for you to enchant any piece of armor you want with it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rendar's post:
  • MothEnthusiast, Poruku
(01-25-2024, 04:36 PM)Rendar Wrote: 10 stars are easier to drop than both 8 and 9 stars.
Then as a whole drop rates needs to be revisited. 8 and 9 should be easier than 10.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water