Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luck and Drop Rates
Very simple. Very short.

I enjoy grinding for loot as much as the next guy. But between the RNG nature of "Getting the 9 star drop you want out of a pool of a ton of bad drops." and the like. Luck is a stand-out in the Have vs Have Nots. You can run a boss, or what have you. Do exceptionally fine and.. Oh. No one on your team had high LUC? Well. You just killed a level 80 boss between the 4 people in your party.  Everyone gets 1 gold bar and four 1-3 star items dropped.

It's just an antiquated system, and luc factoring in on drop rate feels bad for people who aren't basic attackers or lightning mages. Either rebalance the drop system to not HAVE to factor that in (but still probably keep the Lucky Enchant around...) or make/add a way for people to acquire 'tokens' from breaking down certain high star gear that allows them to, eventually, just purchase the thing they want with said tokens.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rendar's post:
  • Poruku, sirtrex
An addendum because now that I'm thinking on it.

I would really just prefer Bosses to drop Gold Bars equally across everyone in the party. Regardless of luck. So if a levle 60 boss drops 3 gold bars. Every member in the party gets 3 gold bars.

Furthermore. Having bosses drop "Cores" (The concept from G6. It can be what the fuck ever you want to call it) for every single person involved in the fight would be lovely.

They can have a weight of 5, and to account for Boss Specific drops, call it "Medis Loot Box" or "Alraune Loot Box" or "Lava Slime Loot Box" (You could even say "Sweet Smelling Essence", "Solid Essence", or "Volcanic Essence".

Genuinely. It feels terrible to fight Medis with a group of 4 people (one person with 55 scaled luc + Performer + 3 sets of lucky accessories) and.. for me to receive.. literally a geode.

Not even a gold bar, just a GEODE.
  • MothEnthusiast, sirtrex
Luck/Item Drop Boosts only affects if a drop even drops in the first place and it's party wide. There's no individual calculation for each party member, otherwise we'd be seeing a lot more 10*s.
(ie: If you kill one firespitter, it can only ever be one reactive armor across the entire party)

Drops are randomly split across the party afterward as well, it's not weighted towards the one with luck.

With that said, yeah there should be at least a minimum of 1 gold bar if not the full reward given to the party.
(01-09-2024, 01:46 PM)Miller Wrote: Luck/Item Drop Boosts only affects if a drop even drops in the first place and it's party wide. There's no individual calculation for each party member, otherwise we'd be seeing a lot more 10*s.
(ie: If you kill one firespitter, it can only ever be one reactive armor across the entire party)

Drops are randomly split across the party afterward as well, it's not weighted towards the one with luck.

With that said, yeah there should be at least a minimum of 1 gold bar if not the full reward given to the party.

I"m aware of it not working per party member. My apologies if I insinuated otherwise. This is more me talking about level 80 bosses and their abysmally low drop rate for stuff and 'Oh I spent 20 minutes fighting this thing and LITERALLY only got a geode in my 1v1 against it.'

Which is more my problem, because I don't have luck, but say.. if I had 3 high luck characters with me that stayed dead the entire fight, they would actively increase the chances of drops as a whole.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rendar's post:
  • Miller
Oh.

Also. The problem :tm: with bosses in general is.

If I run with 3 other people (4 man team) and we can all solo the boss? If we do the boss together (Which is what playing this game SHOULD be incentivizing...) A level 60 boss will, at max, drop 3 gold bars and has a chance to drop 3 items. Not to mention the extra mob spawns.

However, if we all split up? Each person gets 3 gold bar chances and 3 item chances each. Equaling out to 12 gold bars and 12 potential item drop chances. Why is playing with friends literally penalizing from a mechanical standpoint?

At the VERY VERY LEAST. I beg the 'essence of X' boss for every member of the party. And gold drops for each person. We already have this mechanic available, because every party member gets cypelle for their work.

Edit: Teaming up also has the downside of the boss having more hp and reinforcements! For, quite literally, no extra drops and having gold bars split amongst the crew. Teaming up is already unincentivized because it just makes things kind of harder (especially for certain bosses).
  • MothEnthusiast, Sawrock
Please. I hate seeing people in ooc go "its faster and morebenefucial to solo"
How about we actually INCREASE drop rates for being in a party of PLAYERS per player? Also regular mob battles should increase the number of mobs based on number of players. 2-3 solo, 3-4 for , 4-5 for 3, and 5-6 for four players. So combat can feel dangerous yet rewarding.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
[-] The following 1 user Likes Raigen.Convict's post:
  • MothEnthusiast
(01-10-2024, 11:48 PM)Raigen.Convict Wrote: How about we actually INCREASE drop rates for being in a party of PLAYERS per player?
This already exists, there's a 10% drop rate boost per player in the party. If you're intentionally trying to get an item drop and are with people who will give it to you, it's more efficient to go with a full party as it gives you significantly higher drop rate (Except for 10*s due to their capped drop rate in the case of fighting high enough level mobs).

It also make it easier for one of the party to slot in a bloodsoaked equipment item to up the monster count.
I'd rather us being able to break down weapons and gear into something that allows us to craft the 10* weapons eventually.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(01-24-2024, 03:42 AM)Snake Wrote: I'd rather us being able to break down weapons and gear into something that allows us to craft the 10* weapons eventually.
They're no longer legendary with that ease of access.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
10 stars are easier to drop than both 8 and 9 stars.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rendar's post:
  • MothEnthusiast