Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Glowing Glow QoL
Technically its balance so it goes here but Golden Glow is a bit of a meme passive, I've been utilizing it well so far but I have to say for 5 SP it doesn't feel very worth it when I have to use powerup consistently to maintain it, I'd like for it to be a reward for good ki management potentially so I'm going to suggest the following change:

Golden Glow should potentially activate at a certain ki threshold similar to Woki instead of activating by using a specific skill to reach 30 Ki, I'd propose that it should take effect at 30 Ki and only go away when you drop below 20 Ki. This would stay in line with what it is currently and allow someone to keep it up consistently if they're good at managing their ki, such as with builds consisting of various methods of getting ki like with All Fight or Ki Awoken.

Otherwise I am liking how golden glow functions with my own build currently, I just wish I could have better ways of getting it back up.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Snake, zericosmic
Golden Glow takes a full Power Up to be used and leaves dodge Monks quite vulnerable when compared to tanky ones after spending so much Momentum on it. Added to the fact Monk lacks any form of Evade buffs by itself, I think it should make it slightly better on the squishy punchy boys who spend a whole round charging up to get the following:

Quote:Golden Glow

A golden glow associated with legends. When using Power Up, if your Ki is increased to the upper limit of 30, you gain Golden Glow for 3 rounds. Golden Glow increases your Phys. and Mag. Def based on Rank, and Evade equal to twice as that.

If you used Power Up with 7M+ to achieve Golden Glow, you will also gain a status (Ultra Instinct? Heightened Mind?) for 1 round that turns any failed evade attempts into Glancing Blows.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I totally agree with the change proposed by autumn. Sounds perfect. Now please also make it a little bit more transparent, because that thing would simply cover up the whole character all the time