Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Servo Scarlet - Character Equipment / "Birth" Defect Request (Korvara)
Applicable BYOND Key - WeezerFan69

Character Name - Servo Scarlet / Scarlet Servo (Haven't decided which order the names will go in yet)

Request Type - Character equipment and a unique "birth defect" / condition.

Request Details - An escaped Geladynian homunculus, the alchemical ritual to turn the mud shell into flesh and bone was accidentally performed too early, leading to weak sickly limbs and an equally weak and sickly respiratory system, as well as very poor eyesight and frequent chaotic changes in demeanor. To rectify some of their physical errors, their creator made a removable magical respirator and a pair of enchanted goggles to help them breathe and see properly. After they went rogue and fled to Duyuei, an engineer found them and took them under their wing, replacing their old sickly limbs with new prosthetic ones.

Specific Request - The following special equipment and "defects" that my homunculus suffers from:
- A removable, magical metal respirator that assists in breathing. Though they can still breathe without it, they are prone to coughing fits and episodes that are essentially less threatening asthmatic attacks, so they generally only take it off to eat or maintain it.
- A set of blue-tinted enchanted goggles to correct their poor vision. Their eyes are almost entirely obscured when wearing them, unless one were to get especially close. Unlike the original playby, these goggles don't glow blue in-character, they're simply tinted blue - the goggles glowing in portraits or FIs is just an OOC stylistic thing.
- All four limbs replaced with prosthetics.
Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - I like the bio-engineered cyborg homunculi characters and thought to make one of my own. I'm using a Skiitari Ranger from Warhammer 40k as a playby, and as they're a lot more "Techie" in design I thought to get approval for the more outlandish/sci-fi aspects of their design as well as explaining these design choices in-character.

None of these devices provide any mechanical or in-character advantage, beyond what having metal limbs would already grant. They are equal in strength to a human's regular old fleshy limbs.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request: 

- Magical respiration assistance devices have been done on other characters before, both ones that are removable and surgically grafted onto their body. I didn't know if something like this would require approval, so I thought to ask. 

- For the goggles - enchanted eye replacements are said to exist, and I thought that goggles that are enchanted to assist in vision were enough of a unique interpretation of that little lore snippet that it might necessitate asking for approval first.

- Prosthetics have been done for a while and recent updates have added them as parts you can visually add to your characters. I've just never seen a character where all four limbs were replaced, so I thought to ask about that first as well.
[Image: orDF4cJ.jpg]
I believe everything here goes along with things that are already possible ingame/given as an option to players!

Interesting concept here and I'm looking forward to possibly seeing it around the game! Consider this approved!~