Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Get The Joke
All of the new whip weapons have been pretty fun to use and build around, some even being best in slot in my opinion until any major changes happen to them.

But the one that's been confusing me a little is the Endless Handkerchief, it has one of the most unique effects and scaling modifiers I've seen on a weapon and yet it feels extremely underwhelming to use outside of it being kind of a joke weapon.

The high San scaling make it really fun to build for, but you're then left wondering where to even use all this san for? It's not an instrument, so nothing in Bard really will work with you. It's a sword so it won't have much to do with crits or high damage. It qualifies as a whip, so I suppose you'd be obliged to use it with Ruler— But at that point, you might as well just use the other stronger variants. 

The strength of it comes from how much range you can get with it, but to then suffer from far-shot penalty feels kind of harsh.

I'm not pitching for a major rework, but I think maybe it needs something else on top of what it already has? I've been told maybe a 1 tile-pull, an inflict based KD or even reducing Guard by 1 lvl (Because you tickled your opponent) could be interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cogster's post:
  • Senna
Confusion. It never goes bad.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It's good on any race that can benefit from san. Lupines and felidae come to mind. Picture a ghost lupine with this on. A ghost lupine is already quite nice, but now you also have a ton of range. The damage isn't bad. It's definitely worth using in certain scenarios, you're just too focused on the SAN. Just think of any race that enjoys having 54 scaled san and go to town with it. Doesn't need to be a bard, just any sword user with san. I could see it on a wind-based ghost/mage felidae of some sort that simply walks 12 tiles and attacks you with fleur from across the map. Just gotta break the shackles on your mind when you see certain things you think you need to do with it.

I do think it could use a buff though because the far shot penalty is rough for sure
The thing about instincts is its nearly always better to just invest in those stats instead of relying on instinct.
(02-14-2024, 08:56 AM)caliaca Wrote: The thing about instincts is its nearly always better to just invest in those stats instead of relying on instinct.

Sure if you were investing purely for for the stats it's inefficient, but the point of instincts is it can be considered a bit of a stat refund for the benefits that SAN has in the first place.

Clown whip is pretty unique right now, I think keeping it that way is for the best, a non-standard scaling weapon is sure to see some usage for people wishing to build a SAN based basic attacker, which is hard enough already.
(02-14-2024, 08:56 AM)caliaca Wrote: The thing about instincts is its nearly always better to just invest in those stats instead of relying on instinct.
Sanctity gives 2% status resistance, 1% elemental resistance per 6 points, and a small amount of hp and fp. It's kind of a bad stat on its own, it just lacks a bit of punch, which is given by racials. However, races that want to build SAN usually have to sacrifice a bit. In this case, being a main damage stat, you can justify dropping strength and simply getting a ton of SAN which is great for races that love san but can't justify doing it normally.

60 scaled SAN on a lupine doesn't give them as many stats as if they simply spent those in the actual stats. But it also gives them 120% SR, HP, FP, and 10% all res which is really good especially if you have the gear to get 25% in a bunch of things.

So I'm just imagining being any random class. Say, a tactician. You can have a tome off hand, and a sword with 9 range main hand to stay in the back and attack while supporting. Or maybe you can play a cobra DH corbie that is good at kiting. Or perhaps you can play a bard with a sword main hand and instrument off hand. It's a versatile weapon because it works for any SAN build
Corbies and Nagas etc are defnitely good choices for this weapon. I just don't think the instinct races really are, especially for the propensity to get bursted in team fights. I do think this weapon has a niche.
I think a sound attack investing st/ ruler could really eat with it