Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Grinding Sucks (Korvara)
(03-11-2024, 03:32 PM)Rendar Wrote: Or, what someone suggested like over a year ago. Add some monetization and let people pay $10 for like 12 legend inks.
당신은 어떻게 감히!!!
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blissey's post:
  • MegaBlues
I suppose I might be in the minority for saying this, but honestly I don't think the "grind" on Korvara is all that bad honestly.

I am someone who just kind of casually flicks from den to den, sometimes a few times a day just to do it while chilling listening to music. The only time I really spent any time focused trying to get things was when I was trying to get a winged serpent plushie, outside of that it's really not something that needs focus.

I see the problem more as the first time around being taxing, because you're lacking mercs or a real understanding on the mechanics, but I see that far more as the learning pains for any new game. Rping and gaining a party of people to go kill things is actually really easy, as most people are generally down to do that if they've not just finished doing that.

When it comes to legend inks, really the only ones that are "important" are for w/e crafting you're wanting to go in to, beyond that they're really not that special unless you're wanting to actually min max or are a completionist. That one point across all the attributes, although certainly adding up, is not at all required, especially if you're not a big pvper.

If the focus is shifted from needing to get to max level again as soon as possible and not wanting to specifically grind for the items you want, instead engaging other people, trading, rp working and the like, the grind becomes something of a non-issue. Both Korvara and G6 have their trading mechanisms and if murai is really, really needed, I'm sure there are those that will just throw that at you, there's another thread somewhere complaining about people doing that.
My main point of contention is primarly that when I do something, and that something does not require me to think or pay attention to it, and just eats away at my time, then I am not having fun playing the game, and then why am I playing the game? Or that aspect of the game. I am probably one of the few people that actually want a way longer grind. But I want it in a way where it's more interesting. Little tiny goals to work towards that you accumulate over time, without specifically going out of your way. LEing back to 1 is going out of your way and feels unnatural.

Reverting to level 1 for some reason, and just redoing everything the same way as before albeit faster has a lot of problems in the RP Immersion too. LEing is a Relic of the past, where we had RNG stat spreads, and LEing to reroll your stats in that sense was the only logical step. We didn't have that need ever since GR2. Nowadays you just buy a stat respec fruit if your build needs tweaking or if you don't want to pay the Murai/Asago for it, you can LE. I get it, and the Option should definitively remain.
But a way to earn inks, while remaining level 60, would go such a long way. I could go out and help people, while at level 60 and not feel like I am wasting my time enitely, cause I don't get anything from it.
I could actually tackle harder difficulty dungeon to challange myself and slowly progress towards something. The Rewards for tackling higher difficulty stuff so far is just horrible. and it needs adjusting.

I am sure people would feel alot less annoyed by the grind if we just had those points alone. And there are certainly more ways to make things more enjoyable. Its just a matter of actually doing it.
Give us an item that works on Leader, where we can put a Challange modifier onto every encounter we run into for better rewards. Like crazy, all monsters are giants, or whatever. Just so we can mix it up a bit.

or generally, increase the mob spawn rate cause its really odd how a party of players even without summons entirely outnumbers the mobs. I rather have fewer longer encounters, that might pose a threat (probably still won't) then having to contest with every other party in the dungeon for the mobs and then cause everyone speedrun blazes through them, just sit there in awkward silence.