Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Heckish Eye
I don't really got much to say why does that exist

Tomes in their current state are the best they've ever been, with new weapon parts and better materials padding out their existing weaknesses in comparison to their long-time enemy, staves. (Mostly things like stats and hit rate)

Magic in general has many ways to get around beating evade fairly easily (Evoker jank, RM jank, Purity Edge jank, etc- I'm pretty sure the vast majority of evade ignores are actually spells, come to think of it ?), an archetype that struggles against most tools that outright ignore the 50 stat points they dumped into CEL and go straight for their weak (in most cases, due to stat distribution) DR numbers. That's how you end up with duels that are over as fast as it takes for one to throw out their tentacles, divine shower, CM'd spell, and all of that stuff.

Tomes' main class options match up with evade quite well as a result- save for maybe Hexer, and even then that class rolls two hit checks for most of it's spells, I'm pretty sure.

I don't really see how was that needed, as a result ? You're essentially stripping someone's M investment and rendering them defenseless in one of the few moments where it'd matter for them (As you'd be done with your rotation for a bit, presumably) and are kind of just able to whack at them with anything, now.
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
It's true. I'd rather Hellish Eye just give you a momentum cost-effective Analyze Weakness instead.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Its good in teamfights because your allies can capitalize on the lack of evade buffs, its pretty bad in 1v1s cause in almost all cases the momentum trade off will be equal or lost, and it doesn't have egregious range either so you put yourself at risk in doing the action.

It doesn't sound like it should be a problem, it also doesn't affect classes that rely on hit debuffs instead of evade buffs.