Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.45 Average
Diversity is Underwhelming, Clouds Keenly Not an Exciting or Captivating Knoll
The sea of clouds is, at present, an underwhelming dungeon for 40-60, and for its location. The meteor has strong mobs despite its lack of diversity and an interesting battle map that can turn easy fights hard, or hard fights easy. The ice palace has the innate synergy of Grindylow/Giants/Tyrants. Terra Flama has unique mobs with a number of status effects you have to actually play around.

For points against the Sea of Clouds,

Soultures may as well not be a real enemy, Vect Wasps aren't really dangerous until level 55+, and Hippogriphs can hit you all of one time with a decently strong AoE before they're weak, sitting

Ducks. I would like to suggest we make use of something that already exists both in-lore and as a mechanical enemy, and add Ducknecks to the sea of clouds encounter pool. All of the data necessary is already in the game, so it shouldn't be too hard to add them to add a more exciting challenge and variety to the sea of clouds, so it can better fit the grandeur inherent in the setting of, well, a 'sea of clouds', instead of having only unfitting bugs and some birds that got loose from a volcano on the other side of the island.

This would allow melee/physical to not entirely steamroll the dungeon, as well as add an avenue for acquisition of chicken wraps (Close enough, both being fowl.)
[-] The following 4 users Like Tana's post:
  • Fern, Poruku, Sawrock, Tana
I do think ducknecks would add some good variety- and it's a good point you make about the data already being there. Nice and easy to add, I'd think.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Incredible suggestion, I hope it's considered!
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
Ducks are a masterpiece that should be revered. +1
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
That's a great point, and I do approve of this. Did you know Indian Runner ducks stand upright, do not fly, and may produce over 300 eggs per year?