Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
New Duckneck Enemy
So the sea of clouds has a lot of different birds. We got fire birds, wind birds, dead birds, uh... Snakes? But there's one portion of the spectrum that is woefully missing. That's right, aquatic birds. We don't even have any sort of penguins. I would say ducks fit in perfectly.

Did you know that all ducks have highly waterproof feathers? A duck's feathers are so waterproof that even when the duck dives underwater, the downy underlayer of feathers right next to the skin will stay completely dry.
In addition, Ducks are also called ‘waterfowl’ because they are normally found in places where there is water like ponds, streams, and rivers.

Furthermore, ducks have been domesticated as pets and farm animals for more than 500 years, and all domestic ducks are descended from either the mallard or the Muscovy duck. Mallards, especially, are easy to crossbreed with other types of ducks, and mallards often hybridise with all types of ducks at local ponds.

Ducks are filter feeders. Perhaps the most common, recognizable feeding mode is tipping up or dabbling. Ducks from the tribe Anatini are collectively known as dabbling ducks, but swans and geese will also tip up to feed. Pochards, stifftails, and sea ducks are commonly referred to as divers because they seek out food below the water's surface.

[Image: 3uXr69B.png]

Also check out this duckling.
[Image: 220px-Parrulo_-Muscovy_duckling.jpg]
Pretty cool right?

Ducks generally only have one partner at a time, although the partnership usually only lasts one year.

Here's my suggestion: we add a duck with a really long neck. Here's concept art I made:
[Image: 2A9pXt3.jpeg]

Their abilities revolve around duck-related skills such as waddling and pecking. They have an ability called "the great filter" that kills you instantly if you have less than 200 total hit and no evade ignoring abilities in your skill pool. Apart from that they can fly and shoot water beams. They're also resistant to water. Pretty self-explanatory I think.

Ducks have many predators. Ducklings are particularly vulnerable, since their inability to fly makes them easy prey not only for predatory birds but also for large fish like pike, crocodilians, predatory testudines such as the alligator snapping turtle, and other aquatic hunters, including fish-eating birds such as herons. Ducks' nests are raided by land-based predators, and brooding females may be caught unaware on the nest by mammals, such as foxes, or large birds, such as hawks or owls. For this reason, they should take 15% more damage from redtail and corbie enemies.

Ducks eat food sources such as grasses, aquatic plants, fish, insects, small amphibians, worms, and small molluscs. For this reason, they should deal 50% more damage to doriads, theno, and shaitans.

Ducks have many economic uses, being farmed for their meat, eggs, and feathers (particularly their down). Approximately 3 billion ducks are slaughtered each year for meat worldwide. For this reason, they should drop poultry wraps as well as bird feathers and eggs.

They should also drop a weapon called the Duck's Neck which makes a quacking noise whenever you attack with it. It's a whip that also has the duck subtype. It allows you to call a duckneck monster to battle but only if you type "Quack!" in chat at the same time you perform a crit. If you enchant the whip with bloodhunt and you have "detective" in your alias you can also say "Let's quack this case" and it's gonna summon a ducktective who wields a knife and has an alcohol problem.
[Image: wQJSGP8.png]

Here's a picture of a duck wearing sunglasses
[Image: duck-wearing-sunglasses-that-say-i-m-duc...6-6948.jpg]

By the way, the domestic duck (Anas platyrhynchos domesticus) is a subspecies of mallard that has been domesticated and raised for meat and eggs. A few are kept for show, as pets, or for their ornamental value. Almost all varieties of domesticated ducks, apart from the domestic Muscovy duck (Cairina moschata), are descended from the mallard, which was domesticated in China around 2000 BC. Crazy to think that it's such a specific species of duck that we consume, when so many other types exist.
[Image: 220px-Taiwanese_duck_farm.jpg]

Anyway check out this duck. Doesn't he look quackin' crazy? It's a muscovy duck, they produce a richly-flavoured meat, and are kept as pets.
[Image: 180px-MuscovyDuck.jpg]

But for real, put duckneck in the game, it's gonna be a great addition to the Sigrogana ecosystem. I think adding that monster is gonna fix the game balance overall. Definitely gonna fix my marriage at the very least.
[-] The following 3 users Like Poruku's post:
  • Fern, Sawrock, Tana
This is a great idea and you made some really compelling arguments. +1
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
Your concept art is beautiful, very inspiring.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I like the ducktective idea, though it might be better if something like that works like the old haunted armor or spine leash and base it on UL so it's easier to use.
What a novel idea- I really love how the concept art brings your work to life! I'm 100% in agreement on this!
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sawrock's post:
  • Poruku