Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linzi Kilima - Genetic Curse
Applicable BYOND Key - Sirtrex
Character Name - Linzi Kilima
Request Type - Character Disability
Request Details -  

A curse passed down from the mothers side of his family that limits his solmancy and altmancy.  It gets worse the more promises/oaths he breaks, and becomes more visble with each breach. It can only be reversed by acknowledging his Sun Tribe heritage to a blooded and surving Duyuei to a certain extent based on the progression level of the curse. He's made one major breech so far, but if he makes more the curse will take more of his abilities away. (before he had weak Gleam, now its practically nothing). This first stage has created a magical black sun tatoo that he hides behind his headband.

Specific Request - Genetic Curse that limits his gleamweaving and altmancy

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) -
        It locks in restrictions i've been RPing Linzi with for a while, and lets him actively explore/reveal to friends or foes willing to dive in. Right now Linzi knows he's cursed, and that it might have something to do with his family, but he can't be certain. He was never told about it, only told to always wear at least something made out of that special cloth. This is why he's always wearing the same or similar stuff. He only learned about the curse hiding properties after the curse progressed a stage. (ICly this was out of fear, OOCly: I wanted to get the details behind this approved first.)

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -

A genetic curse going back to the Duyueian side of his family tree.  The story behind it is that he was a descendent of a family from the Sun tribe. His ancestors wanted to leave the cataclysm and Duyuei behind them, but this created a schism in the family. Another faction in the family wanted to stay in and try to reclaim its reputation. It came to blows, hexes, and Linzi's great great grandmom was given a curse that limits light and dark magic. The idea being (you want to abandon the family? Fine, but don't use the powers it granted you). The curse spreads down the family line like tribe membership in Duyuei typically, following his mothers side. So if he had kids, his sons won't have it, but his daughters would.

In response his family learned everything they could about non magical healing, and developed a special cloth that can hide the presence of curses to a certain extent. A weaving technique that was passed down to Linzi.

Linzi has been RPed consistently as having weak gleam weaving and altmancy for a reason that hasn't been publically disclosed (i wanted to get it approved first before making anything definitive). In response he's resorted to using more alchemic based medicine, and hemomancy to heal. He also uses Technology and phyiscal weapons to fight. Without the curse he'd have a decent knack for gleam or altmancy.
      Linzi has given some samples of this cloth to his friends. A scarf to someone he was trying to date, and a few wraps of cloth for dead friends he's had to embalm. This is also why his clothing always looks similar, because he's been trying to maintain a certain percentage of that fabric in it.
      A major thing i wanted to do with him was explore all means of healing other than gleamweaving. Technically he could use Aquamancy along with his Hemomancy, but he hasn't learned that yet (i like my bots and blood). He also is spiritually sensitive, but i'm not sure how much that falls into the realm of altmancy.
      He's also been RPed as searching for a means to clear it, but is hesitant to reveal it because of horror stories his family told about Duyuei. He's made many friends there despite this, but he's still wary for any foes that may be hiding in the woodwork. (as before no explicit details till I get something approved)
[-] The following 2 users Like sirtrex's post:
  • Blissey, Salsaccino
Hello!

After reading over everything here... this sounds pretty fine to me! In particular I quite like your explanation of where the curse comes from and how it passes along through the generations. You have a reason for the curse existing, the means of which it does, and how exactly it effects your character. Consider this one approved.
[Image: USxyRvr.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Salsaccino's post:
  • sirtrex