Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Lore on Scarcity and "Dungeoneering"
Imagine for a moment, you are playing a poor, downtrodden character. Now you begin roleplaying with people, and they just offer to give you like one thousand murai. Suddenly you don't have to worry about food and bedding for a month, because an inn stay costs 10 murai. A day of food probably costs about 30 murai if we're being generous. So with a thousand murai you can last about 25 days in peace and luxury.

Now these people are telling you you can simply go into dungeons and make a massive amount of money. By killing a few monsters, you can get loot, and even gold bars if you dare to challenge something like the Jammer Omega, a beast of legend that anyone can defeat easily after a short trip through the caves killing a few slimes.

It doesn't matter who you are or where you're from, you're a JRPG character who can go into dungeons and make bank. And the only real way to "play" the game is to grind (most likely the lava lake).

There are people who rp the dungeons as being higher stakes, or more dangerous, but the issue is that there is no specific consensus. There is no rule or even guideline when it comes to what the average person has access to or not. This makes it very difficult to roleplay things such as poverty, scarcity of food, struggle for survival, etc. 

I've even had a guy tell me that if you're hungry you can just go to Telegrad and they'll give you free food. I mean come on, is Telegrad genuinely giving out free food to anyone?

There is also the issue of crime. You know the saying, "crime doesn't pay". Well in SL2, this is absolutely 100% true. Because you would have to be a complete idiot to try robbing people instead of just... Robbing monsters. You'll land in jail for the former while the latter is celebrated. How are bandits supposed to be taken seriously in these conditions?

All in all, it comes down to a disconnect between gameplay and lore. And even though some lore docs make mention of these things, not everyone can be expected to read all the lore docs, and there's definitely some disconnect between players. I would just like some sort of guidelines and such, to have an idea of the following things:

- The difference between the average NPC shmuck and an adventurer who can grind lava lake easily. Do we have a special power? Why can't all these poor workers just pick up a sword and swarm the jammer cavern?
- How is daily life for the masses? What's an average salary?
- How real are the dungeons? How real is the loot? Do we actually find shoes on the corpses of fire elementals?
- What is the cost of everyday things in murai? How much money is rich people money?
- Is all murai gain to be taken fully IC?
- How does life compare for the average citizen between each nation of Korvara?
- Speaking of which, what's the travel time between nations? Can someone from Meiaquar go eat food in Telegrad and come back?

Of course I know in the end the answer is "we just kinda figure it out based on what makes sense and what we need to know for the matter at hand" but sometimes there are definitely disagreements. It sucks when there's a dissonance that takes the sails out of your wind. "Hello I am poor and hungry" "Here is 600 lettuce and 10k murai, you are now ok."
[-] The following 3 users Like Poruku's post:
  • Ray2064, Sawrock, sirtrex
I've had someone genuinely just walk up to my character and tell me "WOW YOU ONLY GET PAID 900 MURAI TO RISK YOUR LIFE ON A JOB?

WHY NOT GO ADVENTURING? YOU EASILY MAKE THOUSANDS MORE FASTER AND WITH LESS HASSLE!"

Or someone try going "I'll just pay these workers 600 murai per day."

Which is a frankly insane amount of money. Adventurer's do be ruining economies.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rendar's post:
  • Poruku, Skimmy2
It is things like this that make for the reasons why I preach to create some sensible separations between the mechanics of the game and the IC. At least, until God comes down and gives us a more sensible guideline for how we treat the mechanics and translate them into IC without it feeling strange.

If you took everything at face value mechanically and translated it to IC it becomes nonsense, yet many people (perhaps unknowingly as they are newer players) will do this anyways. Thus making for very strange conversations where one discusses items and skill verbatim and the means by which to acquire material wealth being slapping monsters in a cave.

Now, I will attempt to answer the questions posed:

Quote:- The difference between the average NPC shmuck and an adventurer who can grind lava lake easily. Do we have a special power? Why can't all these poor workers just pick up a sword and swarm the jammer cavern?

From what little information we got back in G6 it is implied that Player Characters are far beyond what Non Player Characters are or can accomplish, generally. This likely goes even further on Korvara where PCs are what makes the world function, not NPCs.

So to try and provide an answer: PCs are special. They are simply better than NPCs in Korvara. Well, unless Dev/EMs decide otherwise, but that would be a very, very unique circumstance and not indicative of the average NPC. So 99.99% of the time a PC is always better.

Quote:- How is daily life for the masses? What's an average salary?

This would be a question for the respective nation leaders, if they really wanted to get that deep into it. The lore docs of some nations do go into many professions that could reasonably be held by NPCs in the background such as miners, farmers, hunters (of traditional non monstrous animals that are not spell-thieving raccoons).

The simple answer to average salary is likely 'whatever it takes to make a living'. Which will vary heavily from nation to nation, if they even function primarily off of paying salaries to their workers in the form of currency.

Quote:- How real are the dungeons? How real is the loot? Do we actually find shoes on the corpses of fire elementals?

Korvara's 'Always IC' nature lends me to the answer of 'yes, yes, and yes'. The dungeons are very real and full of very real monsters minding their own business before being unmade in their eternal purgatory for their flesh and loot that mysteriously manifested in their bodies. Maybe they yoinked it off from poor bastard who fell in before you.

On G6 it was far easier to handwave this sort of thing between getting bounties for clearing BDPs and the mysterious nature of said dungeons leading to spontaneous creation of chests full of loot or gold. Korvara doesn't really have its own answer to that.

Dungeons and the nature of their looting is one of those things that's best left to the realm of mechanics until a Dev/Lore Approved answer is given to explain adequately how these things work on Korvara if not simply 'they just do'.

Quote:- What is the cost of everyday things in murai? How much money is rich people money?

Again, it varies from nation to nation what expenses might look like or what is considered to be a lot of money. The economy at large is perhaps purposefully not so strictly defined as to be able to glean an exact number to state what is or isn't a lot of money. Wealth is what the players define it as, ultimately.

You could extrapolate from the cost of bread at a vendor and a room at an inn for what daily expenses could be but that likely isn't going to hold true everywhere. Bread is likely not going to be the same price in every nation.

Material wealth only holds power if it is believed to have such power. Korvara, from what I have seen, largely functions off of barter more so than raw currency transactions. Money alone does not grant all of one's needs (unless you're in Meiaquar I guess). So to say what is considered 'rich' is difficult when the world itself does not bow to the power of the coin so much as it does in reality.

Quote:- Is all murai gain to be taken fully IC?

Yeah, I guess. It's 'Always IC'. It'd be great if we had a commonly accepted answer for why firespitters are loaded and where that living wall of lava got completely untouched gold bars but right now, we don't. Maybe someday we will.

It goes in line with my prior thread about The Grind: in that it is silly that the only tangible means to progression is monster genocide and nothing else. Which is why for now I suggest simply fluffing the gains as being from somewhere else.

Quote:- How does life compare for the average citizen between each nation of Korvara?

Read their lore docs. Legit. You will find your answer there, I'd think. It is a nuanced question that I feel is expounded on well enough between each of the four nations, but anyone else is free to chime in on this one.

Quote:- Speaking of which, what's the travel time between nations? Can someone from Meiaquar go eat food in Telegrad and come back?

Per our lord and savior Dev, Time and Space are subjective variables in this world. We will never have an exact number given for the size of the island or the distance between any two places. One is expected to be reasonable and not abuse this to be in scenes where they shouldn't be, otherwise players are allowed to freely roam the island without time constraints if it would not cause any obvious issues.

So to answer your question: Yeah, if you aren't involved in any sort of conflict there would be no issues with that.

It does make things a little awkward for those trying to make sense of the world on a macro level but it's just how things are. It's hard enough to find people sometimes I'd rather not get time gated IRL moving between maps only to find nobody because I don't have any tools that tell me where people are.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully that provides some perspective on how things are.

I agree in that not having concise answers to these from higher powers can make for strange situations and makes roleplaying the nuances of everyday life more difficult if not borderline impossible without all parties involved having a mutual agreement to respect ones ability to be poor or downtrodden.

Perhaps someday we will have these answers and perhaps even other mechanical avenues by which one acquires wealth so we do not all have to say we genocide monsters or dig holes for all of our money.
[-] The following 8 users Like Trexmaster's post:
  • K Peculier, Miller, Ray2064, Shujin, sirtrex, Skimmy2, SleazeAndSlander, Toffee
I believe Filia might've established some set lore on Geladyne as of the average salary there? Not sure
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
WELL THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR ME

I'll take these one by one.

- The difference between the average NPC shmuck and an adventurer who can grind lava lake easily. Do we have a special power? Why can't all these poor workers just pick up a sword and swarm the jammer cavern?

Like Trex said, players are generally far beyond the average skill of an NPC. Outside of special NPCs that are used for events or have a power level that makes sense, you should assume that a regular person cannot do what a PC can. Sending an NPC into the lava lake would nearly invariably end with their life cut short.

- How is daily life for the masses? What's an average salary?

Most of this is covered in lore docs. The average life for Geladynians specifically is usually spent doing a job of some sort of for the majority of the day and then there's time off. For most, this job is inside the military, though you can *generally* assume that the most plentiful job in all nations (even Geladyne) is sustenance farming or raw material gathering. Mining, farming, and production of things needed to live were the most populace job well into the late 1800s and likely could be extrapolated to the be same here with regional differences (more miners in Geladyne, sailors in Meiaquar, warriors in Duyuei, Telegrad is just farmers deal with it).

The average livable salary for someone outside of the military was something like 30 lyria last time I thought about it, assuming that lodging is around 10-15 lyria per day (actual lodging is going to be cheaper than staying in an inn) and 5-10 lyria for food and other necessary living expenses like clothes etc (again, cheaper than buying prepared food at an inn). I'd assume that'd be a starting point that can go much much higher depending on the what you're doing.

Similarly, a privit's pay was 15 lyria due to food and boarding being taken care of, and the 15 essentially being pure profit.

- How real are the dungeons? How real is the loot? Do we actually find shoes on the corpses of fire elementals?

As far as we can tell, all of it is real yes.

- What is the cost of everyday things in murai? How much money is rich people money?

So like above I assumed that things aren't going to be expensive as prepared inn food. Buying the ingredients to make 4 hamburgers is going to be quite a significant amount cheaper than actually buying 4 hamburgers at a restaurant. You can likely assume there are fractional coins - like a tomatoe isn't going to cost 1 lyria in world, it'll cost like 1/4th of one 1/6th of one or something with coins instead of just an overarching 'dollar' being the lyria. If someone wants to make a spread sheet of common goods I'd be happy to fill it out for average cost of stuff, but assume that things are cents instead of dollars like it would have been in older times.

- Is all murai gain to be taken fully IC?

I assume so.

- How does life compare for the average citizen between each nation of Korvara?

This is another 'the lore docs cover it' thing.

- Speaking of which, what's the travel time between nations? Can someone from Meiaquar go eat food in Telegrad and come back?

So this is the one thing I'm going to disagree with Trex on. The only statement that we ever had on size was that a covered wagon would take approximately a week to go from Geladyne to Telegrad. Based off the average wagon speed and the size of countries irl I estimated that Korvara was probably around the size of Ireland (give or take, due to the wastes extending it and the ruins being inaccessible). So I'd assume, logically, no it takes more than a day to go between those two places, but also as long as there's no issue? Yea you can just go there, it'll take a while 'in character' but nothing is stopping you.
[-] The following 3 users Like caliaca's post:
  • Poruku, Ray2064, sirtrex
It's a pretty gnarly double-edged-sword when it comes to the freedom of roleplay in a game with a fantasy setting and the gameplay to come with it.

Personally I am heavily on the side of full on total immersion as a direction to move in as my main preference. Trex has more or less compiled a pretty useful set of answers for the questions you have.

We're stuck in a limbo of a set of people trying to roleplay a deeper, engaging and ultimately more complex way of life within the characters we create and well, the majority (in my opinion) being more comfortable and used to treating the world more like a 'Game' with inconsequential problems when it comes to subjects like poverty/cultures/laws/crimes/food/etc as they aren't explicitly tied to a gameplay aspect that monitors it. (Jail timers/Hunger(Punishing)/NPC reactivity)

The dissonance can be very jarring as you can have a mid-level adventurer party on one side of a bar going on classic fantasy adventures and the other half could essentially be a dating chatroom with very modern values and a lot of current IRL slang thrown in.

I don't really see a perfect solution to making all parties happy. We could heavily enforce a super immersive but strict environment where players need to respect and policed to follow a setting--But nobody wants to bossed around like this and many will have their own perception of what is "in-character" enough.

On the other hand we could stick to specific groups that would prefer the focus of their roleplaying be centered around more serious and stricter settings, while having another group on the opposite spectrum who are just happy to have an outlet to roleplay a different façade of their real selves and chat while enjoying the gameplay itself.

Though this naturally leads to a fractured player base and many would call it as 'Meta-Groups' or elitism.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like K Peculier's post:
  • Autumn, Blissey, Miller, sirtrex, Snake
To the above, I think Korvara would heavily benefit from places that could harbor different Settings/RP styles, without the big four instantly claiming or "Fixing" them.
places that make sense in the lore, and people OOCly know "Don't go there unless you are alright with more darker themes and your character getting hurt" for example, if its a place that is known for high crimerates.

I think the best way to do that without stepping on toes at the same time, would be in example of Meiaquar keep the frontcity how it is, and have sections added in the back, for example, the slums, which would more operate like G6's Laws End did, lore wise it would make sense that the police force is more focused to keep the front neat and tidy, and just don't bother with the more rowdy places.
That way people can keep doing what they are right now, and people who would like some more "Serious" stuff, could have their own sort of playground.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • Poruku
(03-08-2024, 07:00 PM)Shujin Wrote: To the above, I think Korvara would heavily benefit from places that could harbor different Settings/RP styles, without the big four instantly claiming or "Fixing" them.
places that make sense in the lore, and people OOCly know "Don't go there unless you are alright with more darker themes and your character getting hurt" for example, if its a place that is known for high crimerates.

It would be so nice to have something like that. One of the biggest problems with Korvara is definitely the fact that everything is basically "solved", as in, any problems that crop up at this point are events or antagonists, which are promptly taken care of, then things return to a status quo of peace and nothing being wrong. I would LOVE to be able to play in an SL2 environment where there are things that aren't good about the setting itself, that aren't immediately being fixed. Where I can roleplay being affected by the world.

Hell, just making a simple bandit is pretty hard. Unless your character is crazy/bloodthirsty or has some sort of complex reason to do bad thing, there's no real reason to be a bandit. Just today someone said ICly they'd offer me anything I wanted if I decided to not be a bandit. Thankfully the character had solid reasons prepared but like... If I was going with what makes sense ICly for a bandit, that character would have ended there. Respect to the player though. It was good rp. But it really exemplifies the issue I'm pointing out here.

I would obviously LOVE something like meiaquar slums, but I just honestly don't think the SL2 playerbase is ready for something like that. Inevitably people would go into the slums and try fixing everything and get mad when their character gets attacked and/or things don't get fixed, and it would be a whole mess. In addition, people who are more well suited to normal roleplay would go there, believing it's the "real stuff", and force themselves to get involved with that more harsh roleplay and end up not liking it and get depressed/salty/etc about it.

It's honestly my dream for SL2 to have something like that, someday. I would love it to death even with all the issues mentioned. Just a place where life sucks so I don't need to make bad things happen for things to be interesting.

It became a bit rant-y there but that's definitely what's missing in my life tbh. SL2 has almost never scratched the itch. I guess it's a big part of the reason why I made the G6 punks eventline.

I mean it makes me think back on the war. I was so hyped for the war but it was so complicated to get things rolling that my energy for it really tanked. In the end it wasn't that enjoyable mostly because... So many people didn't want a war! And people reluctantly doing something because they have to, doesn't make for the best rp. And I realized that too late. I thought we were mostly on the same page, but in the end, it was kinda the same feeling as when I ganked someone who wasn't into ganking in the past. It's not a great feeling, which is why I haven't done that in forever. But what if we just took all the people who WANT to have wars, and put them together in their own special place, and let them fight wars and die? That would be the sickest thing ever.

I love SL2 so much, and yet, it's missing something... It's missing exactly that. A place that sucks where things are bad and they don't become good. Where the beauty is in the characters roleplaying amidst that badness. It sounds stupid but it really is just that simple. People's bonds develop through adversity. Events can do the job somewhat, but I just never could get fully into it myself. Sometimes you get that one event that strengthens the bonds between characters. But then you return to the status quo, to people just chilling in public places, to people just talking and mingling. Or sometimes doing something with the nation structure, trying to climb the ranks, or trying to prepare little events and things to do. But that rythm is just boring to me. I have recently gotten into public rp again on Jerry in Meiaquar because it's pretty active and Jerry is just fun to play. But I would honestly love it so much more if I could have that boy struggling. It feels like any sort of conflict, you need to really force, or pull out of the backstory. It really feels all the time like all the bad stuff is in the past, and we're all just a bunch of broken characters hanging out and forming friendships to fix each other. Like, we're in the chill epilogue of a tragic story where the character finally has it good.

Of course there's still plenty of bad shit, and I'd especially applaud people who make characters that cause trouble, non-antags included. Many great players naturally just have a knack for creating characters that get in conflict. But you have a greater number of characters who jump at the chance to fix those characters, fix the situations, make everything okay. Which you know, I also do. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I love doing that as well, and it feels good man. But it's hard to find those great moments of rp where you resolve something, get a character development, really put the characters through some stuff, test them, get a great moment. For example there's the romance stuff which is nice sometimes but so very inconsistent, don't get me started on relationship rp. It's nice, but...

If we lived in a place where things suck even a little bit, and there was official lore that is available in-game that enforces this, environmental cues and storytelling, locations that tell that story, with NPCs and even maybe mechanics that enforce that feeling, things would be so so different so quickly. Like, that's what draws me to the Cyberpunk genre, why I made that the theme of my G6 event line. Because the beauty of people is in the struggle, and in struggle and strife are bonds forged and people tested. A world where things suck and you can't really change that, means that people are able to make characters that struggle. Means that there's a good reason to do bad things! It means that everyone has things they want and they can't necessarily get them.

There's a reason people choose to have tragic backstories. It's entertaining! It's interesting, it makes the character grow and overcome bad things. Overcoming bad things is the fun part of roleplay. When you have a time of peace, it's only truly enjoyable if you've had strife beforehand. Otherwise... You're just kinda there, doing nothing. Of course, again, events can definitely help a lot. But 1: not everyone gets to go to events (you kinda have to be part of a group, and then be lucky enough for that group to have an event). 2: not all events have a lasting impact on characters. Also, sometimes people disagree on how much eventening is the right amount. Some people get tired when there's too much bad stuff happening, some people want more. So even if there's events, it might not scratch the itch.

That's why it would be fantastic if there was different parts of the world, with different vibes. I will make another post about it sometime. But Shujin's idea really sparked in me the words to explain this feeling...

I just want bad stuff to happen and be taken seriously! I want suffering, and then good times. But good times all the time sucks, that's why I play antags... And that's why I made this original post here. Because lack of scarcity is making it so there's basically no bad things unless you make them yourself, or you're lucky enough to get involved in someone's events or plot line.

And man, it's a lotta work making bad things happen...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Ray2064
(03-09-2024, 06:21 AM)Poruku Wrote: It would be so nice to have something like that. One of the biggest problems with Korvara is definitely the fact that everything is basically "solved", as in, any problems that crop up at this point are events or antagonists, which are promptly taken care of, then things return to a status quo of peace and nothing being wrong. I would LOVE to be able to play in an SL2 environment where there are things that aren't good about the setting itself, that aren't immediately being fixed. Where I can roleplay being affected by the world.

Hell, just making a simple bandit is pretty hard. Unless your character is crazy/bloodthirsty or has some sort of complex reason to do bad thing, there's no real reason to be a bandit. Just today someone said ICly they'd offer me anything I wanted if I decided to not be a bandit. Thankfully the character had solid reasons prepared but like... If I was going with what makes sense ICly for a bandit, that character would have ended there. Respect to the player though. It was good rp. But it really exemplifies the issue I'm pointing out here.

I would obviously LOVE something like meiaquar slums, but I just honestly don't think the SL2 playerbase is ready for something like that. Inevitably people would go into the slums and try fixing everything and get mad when their character gets attacked and/or things don't get fixed, and it would be a whole mess. In addition, people who are more well suited to normal roleplay would go there, believing it's the "real stuff", and force themselves to get involved with that more harsh roleplay and end up not liking it and get depressed/salty/etc about it.

It's honestly my dream for SL2 to have something like that, someday. I would love it to death even with all the issues mentioned. Just a place where life sucks so I don't need to make bad things happen for things to be interesting.

It became a bit rant-y there but that's definitely what's missing in my life tbh. SL2 has almost never scratched the itch. I guess it's a big part of the reason why I made the G6 punks eventline.

I mean it makes me think back on the war. I was so hyped for the war but it was so complicated to get things rolling that my energy for it really tanked. In the end it wasn't that enjoyable mostly because... So many people didn't want a war! And people reluctantly doing something because they have to, doesn't make for the best rp. And I realized that too late. I thought we were mostly on the same page, but in the end, it was kinda the same feeling as when I ganked someone who wasn't into ganking in the past. It's not a great feeling, which is why I haven't done that in forever. But what if we just took all the people who WANT to have wars, and put them together in their own special place, and let them fight wars and die? That would be the sickest thing ever.
Bro. Realtalk?
Mary Sueing, Problem Solving with a wave of a hand and not respecting the differences between mechanics and the IC setting, along the simple disrespect towards the player that wants to progressively build a character up from whatever tragic stuff they have, is just extremely bad RP. No one is helped with that. (not talking about the people that actually spend alot of time and energy to roleplay with these people to eventually come to a conclusion, but the ones that just RP once with you, throw 50k murai so you aren't poor anymore and never see you again. Those moments just suck.)

its quite immersion-breaking  too. I don't think it's hard to have a place where people just come in with exactly those expectations, we have more than enough good roleplayers who very much respect other people's Player agency or the lore of places. And if people for some reason do not respect the Lore of a place, then that sounds to me more like a thing you just tell the GMs and they inform them, and then it be fine.

I dunno, "The community is not ready" is such a silly argument in my opinion, because it was ready 8-9 years ago. Laws End was pretty much that back then. and the people managed it for the most part just fine on their own. No one is ever going to be "ready" unless things are tried out and practiced. And the nice thing about having it not shoved down your throat, but as a place (like the deepwastes) that you can choose on your own to engage with or not. Thats like saying "Yeah we should learn to swim, but lets never touch a body of water." Or never experinceing that fire is indeed hot and shouldn't be touched, If you catch my drift.

Back with the Laws End Example in the early days, things naturally happened in a way where people simply didn't go there, or were literally told "Why stupid?" when someone went there and got mugged.

The Meiaquar thing with the war was quite obviously related to the fact that no one from Meiaquar really actually wanted the war, at least not those that were active and they felt powerless because they got shoved into it, with no way to have it prevented. GMs didn't make it much better by denying 15+ people to actively do something about it with vague reasonings. I doubt anyone actually involved in those really felt it ended satisfyingly. But shit happens. I mean Dev too had some learning experiences and many things that were like REALLY bad in the early Korvara encounters got genuinely improved upon. So its not like there isn't visible improvement.

I think not trying to risk a few "bad vibes" in the quest to improve upon the game and letting more people enjoy it, is just keeping this community at this "Not Ready" state forever. And there are more than enough people actually ready for it for ages, I don't think it's exactly fair that everyone has to take a hit, just because some people refuse to get rid of universally agreed-upon bad Roleplaying habits.

Events are super hit or miss for me aswell. While they can be entertaining, they are very, very rarely something that you are actually invested in simply because of their nature.
If they try to cater to many people, then there will be little real character interaction between each other or way less than when you RP with a group of smaller people.
I also just don't enjoy huge crowds, which is obviously a me problem, but I do like smaller events alot. Used to GM a lot of DnD-likes in the past, and when I did that I always loved it when I could specifically throw curve balls at my players, or build the stories in a way that related to their personal goals or challenged their views. Something like that is simply not really realistic to do when things take a long time OOCly, stuff that would possibly need multiple sessions.
When Chaos was still around, he GMed a storyline for Shivania and her Crew, over multiple sessions over discord sometimes in-game, and it was super fun. Sadly he eventually vanished. I kinda miss more things like that.

Korvara made big promises, back then when it was to be released. Maybe flew a bit to close to the sun. But it was originally meant for exactly those people, right? Those who wanted to shape the world with their consequences included. It was just that G6 was also basically completely dropped, and people who didn't want that but wanted the new stuff had no choice but to follow suit as well. Dev can only do so much on his own and is already providing us with so many updates. Cheers to that.

I think Early Korvara for all its wildness and whackyness was WAY more interesting than current Korvara that's primarily Event driven. I do not think I need to go into detail why its more interesting to RP with People, than with brainless AI goons. Yet those AI goons have their place too for worldbuilding. I like to think of events as wide as an ocean but deep like a puddle, and that is not any EMs fault either, I am not attempting to throw shade on anyone. The events I saw so far, were nicely put together for what they were. its just the Format that tries to include so many things in one event so that it needs to be rushed because there are so many people. It feels like sitting on a rollercoaster for a ride, rather than being on an actual adventure that you shape with your actions. I guess its a little different if your friend group has a pocket EM.

To the rest? pretty much feeling the same way. I love it when things take shape according to their lore. while Korvara has the option to have maps added, Maps aren't exactly the only things that improve your immersion. Having some NPC here and there, with unique functions or the deep wastes monster. I think Dev kinda sorta said he wants to allow those things to be build upon, though I still am very uncertain how much he is willing to add just cause someone asks/has some RP that would support it. Kind of an tall order. 
Same like the most interesting characters have flaws, the world around them shouldn't be perfect either. A tragic or scary world breeds simply more interesting stories.
Though I also blame the role lottery for some of Korvaras Flaws.

TL;DR:

Yop, would be cool if we had such things and some more options. But I do not think they will come anytime soon, unfortunately, for all the logistic problems around it.
[-] The following 4 users Like Shujin's post:
  • Poruku, sirtrex, Skimmy2, Snake