Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arcane Tattoo (Gamble)
Applicable BYOND Key - MayaTheHarpy
Character Name - Piper
Request Type - Character/RP Ability

Request Details -  I'd like to RP a..bit of a unique (to say the least) manifestation of a combination of items and racials, turned instead into a magical art/tatoo passed down through this family line. 

Specific Request - I want to have this character possess a 'magical tattoo' on her eye (ew gross!) that essentially manifests through a few conditions seen in items and racials ingame (which will be listed below), and grant her a number of boons. The conditions are are such;

• In combat, taking an excessive risk of any sort, increases her amount of luck. In her case, this normally involves playing a game of russian roulette every turn, taking minor damage unless she gets incredibly unlucky. (which naturally won't happen considering I can't inflict dmg to myself to that amount, nor wish to kill my character instantly..) This is usually seen by the activation of shock collar, and the DB kickback dmg she'll inflict.
  • Every time a notable risk is taken, a growing meter of focus builds inside of the mark, adding a petal, and increasing the glowing effect of the tattoo, as seen in a screenshot below. While this has some minor effects, the focus build up in the mark is majoritarily only released on command. This is seen through having both Conversion Gloves and Accellia equipped, making the effects over time an increase of movement, and the usual charge weapon effects (in her case, mostly used on hand trigger bombs thus; increasing dps, bomb range and ignoring evasion). Activating a fully charged tatoo will thus have a euphoric effect on her personality and grant her a distinguishable amount of focus, both magical and mental. 
  • Because risk is taken every turn, rather than rolling dice as seen in the Redtail racial, she'd instead also fill her guns rounds with blanks, increasing in explosiveness and fear factor. Depending on the loudness she scares herself with, she gets a number of boons. This will thus be seen in the evasion bonuses she gets depending on the Redtail dice rolled, and the various effects provided by the fortune cookies, both good and bad.

[Image: GFfwjvU.png]

Reason why you are making this request - I figure It'd be fun to add some unique flavour to a few things that wouldn't quite make sense to equip IC! They will be regaliad accordingly and explained through emotes. 

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - As seen in bold above! Magical Tattoos have various effects already ingame and through lore, and various chaotic magics of similar existence are seen in the likes of chaos dice and the items listed; conversion gloves, shock collar, etc. Damage is shown to be possible means as a condition for an increase of power, so why not add a weird, dangerous spin to it!
[-] The following 4 users Like Maya's post:
  • SleazeAndSlander, Snake, Trexmaster, zericosmic
I believe this has enough lore supporting it to match the flavor of what's wanting to be done.

Consider it approved.