Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earthbound Pog(n't)
Earthbound Fog trivializes PvE way harder than it should, stretched across several rounds of mobs walking to an enemy and doing nothing as long as they're kept 1 tile away. 

Change this effect to just make them be inflicted with Fear and Hesitation when they move/attack, respectively.

Or if a rework is in mind, this should likely be a build up status effect of some form, based on your actions. So if you attack, you stack up "Dread In The Mist", which once it's at max level, it interrupts you from using offensive skills for that round, or forces all your direct hits to become glancing blows.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Does cheesing pve really have that bad of consequences?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
(03-20-2024, 07:43 AM)Raigen.Convict Wrote: Does cheesing pve really have that bad of consequences?
Events exist, and this is almost certainly what this is about.
Yeah. It kind of ruins all the planning we eventmins carefully do to make the mobs actually chain up their intended behaviors.

Earthbound Fog is too godmoddy in events, or in general.
If you nerf Earthbound Fog to just be hesitation, and Fear. Then it just become immensely useless and pointless mist invocation. Why bother packing this thing if I just use Exaggerate Skill instead? Your complaints are mostly the fact that people packs it to counter PVE mobs especially in events. But they also pack confusions and you counter 'em by slapping Confusion immunity on your mobs. What next? They bring gust traps to stop your moving from getting closer, so you'll slap tile-ignores on the adds as well? It's just feeding issue that won't get anywhere, and more or less punish people for bringing a spell that doesn't get conventionally used in everyday gameplay.
[Image: XDo90hy.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Skullcatrons's post:
  • MegaBlues
Personally, I don't think earthbound fog is that egregious, but at the same time, I kind of dislike how it is right now. It feels extremely unintuitive, not really making any sense. Can someone explain to me the lore reason why I can't attack when I move? All it says is that it makes you uneasy. I think it would be a lot better overall as a skill if it had a more general effect that debuff enemies instead of having this bizarre thing where you just can't do anything if you move.
Can we make it tiles that can be destroyed plz
earthbound fog, doesn't even stop all that much. Even as a basic attacker dagger user, I can still close in and attack, via skills.

its certainly a weird skill in PvP, and only really stops PvE.
It's a dated skill, that's what it is.

What could be funny is if this made so every round start you and all enemies gained Emergency Evasion for 1 attack.