Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chaos Dice - Gacha Edition
Currently chaos dice rolls every turn and yells out to everyone like you're a boss character with a big fat weakness to be slapped with and another thing to avoid and it takes up an equipment slot for this.

I propose two buffs to this item to introduce the joy of RnG to everyone and the user.

1. The roll outcome is hidden to everyone but the user (including allies)

Why it would be good: Users of the chaos dice can now prank others by saying they are resistant to the element of an enemy player/monster only to be the exact opposite.

2. New skill: Reroll dice - Allows the user of chaos dice to reroll the dice for 1m. Redtails get to reroll the dice for 0m for the first time. The dice can be rerolled multiple times but will be subject to adding momentum costs after the first reroll.

Why it would be good: You can trick everyone after spending your entire turn rolling the dice and over and over and claim that you are totally immune to the damage that is about to hit you even if you aren't.

I have too many of these things and I want to use these for evil.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 11 users Like K Peculier's post:
  • Fern, K Peculier, Kameron8, Miller, Poruku, Ray2064, saikyogroove77, Senna, Shujin, Slydria, ThatOneHop
This would be super cool.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(03-21-2024, 05:17 PM)K Peculier Wrote: Currently chaos dice rolls every turn and yells out to everyone like you're a boss character with a big fat weakness to be slapped with and another thing to avoid and it takes up an equipment slot for this.

I propose two buffs to this item to introduce the joy of RnG to everyone and the user.

1. The roll outcome is hidden to everyone but the user (including allies)

Why it would be good: Users of the chaos dice can now prank others by saying they are resistant to the element of an enemy player/monster only to be the exact opposite.

I don't agree entirely.

While it announcing the outcome to everyone on the map is a massive detriment, this needs to stay for the resistance portion of the item in my opinion, as getting pranked half your turn while doing 0 damage at all would be a very frustrating experience for a singular (one) (1) accessory slot high rolling against your build, as it's practically a meme item. It'd be an experience akin to fighting a Spellthief with a spirit mirror but with a layer of RNG replacing the one-time use.

I'd propose the weakness being hidden however is completely a good thing, and that much is undeniable to me.

Quote:2. New skill: Reroll dice - Allows the user of chaos dice to reroll the dice for 1m. Redtails get to reroll the dice for 0m for the first time. The dice can be rerolled multiple times but will be subject to adding momentum costs after the first reroll.

Why it would be good: You can trick everyone after spending your entire turn rolling the dice and over and over and claim that you are totally immune to the damage that is about to hit you even if you aren't.

I have too many of these things and I want to use these for evil.

Also yes to this, having the ability to reroll the dice is a good way to fan out a terrible weakness, give it a cooldown so that it has a bit of commitment to the bit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Slydria
I'd be fine with things being hidden. Not sure on the reroll.
Or rerolling but things aren't hidden. Dice being good would be cool!
I'd like to purpose the Skull Dice being able to reroll with the same skill as well.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Slydria's post:
  • K Peculier, Miller
But the whole point of chaos dice is getting that one dream turn where you resist ice against verglas or something. It being announced means they can just physical attacks or another element, making it nearly pointless. Making your enemy waste an attack at an unexpected time is fair imo. Just think of spirit mirror's power level...
(03-23-2024, 04:57 AM)Poruku Wrote: But the whole point of chaos dice is getting that one dream turn where you resist ice against verglas or something. It being announced means they can just physical attacks or another element, making it nearly pointless. Making your enemy waste an attack at an unexpected time is fair imo. Just think of spirit mirror's power level...

No not really, you hitting a 100% ice resistance perk randomly doesn't change the fact that you're immune to icicle spear's damage that turn, the enemy knows that and can change their strategy but now you don't have to worry about it that round.

But randomly rolling slash resist as a high roll into a sword duelist would be such a crazy momentum shift in your favor there'd be no reason not to run the item.
Yeah, but you can roll weakness to it too. Meaning they can capitalize on it! So giving the information out's a straight up advantage to your enemies, while if it's secret then it evens out
(03-23-2024, 05:11 AM)Poruku Wrote: Yeah, but you can roll weakness to it too. Meaning they can capitalize on it! So giving the information out's a straight up advantage to your enemies, while if it's secret then it evens out

I fail to see why that subtracts from my point of "We should see the resistance, but not the weakness, also rerolling is a good idea" really, I'm trying to remain as agreeable with the OP of the thread while expressing my own viewpoint of why the message was added to Chaos Dice in the first place, it didn't originally used to have it. Regardless I see your point as well but still stand by mine.