Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Miragewalk in 2024
Miragewalk used to be really powerful when it was released because you'd effectively have +15 Evade for a shoe slot enchant permanently, this was also when there was no evade cap, there was no competition in the shoe slot for more evade (Windstream), and generally shoe slot enchants were a lot weaker and dodge was stronger against what it was good at doing.

Nowadays I don't think any of this applies anymore, I think it'd be a large boon for dodgies to see Miragewalk be reverted to what it was as that form of evade would no longer be so offensive nowadays when the evade cap is a thing, this would largely help out class combos that can't evade cap on their own as that +15 could go a long way.

I'd like to see Miragewalk return to a 2 round duration with attacks not consuming the status like it does now, the evade cap does not play well with this system in general and while I'd like to address most of those, just touching up a pretty important cornerpiece of dodge builds is bound to introduce more diversity into the table.
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Ray2064, Shujin, Snake
Yeah, non-dodge class dodges kind of need the help there.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
buff windswept
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
Miragrwalk isnt that bad tbh. What I'd like to see instead of making evades dependent on an enchant like this would be to see some evade buffs in traits and talents for instance. Stuff anyone can use, given various conditions. The biggest issue with evade imo is the gear req. It requires so much optimization to get somewhere good...
While I prefer Autumn's Suggestion, There is also the option that we change all 1 attack Evade buffs, To 1 Attack Hit debuffs versus attackers.

That would help a lot of skills to be at least relevant.
Letting attack-limited evade buffs bypass the cap sounds like a good idea, but it would only worsen the issue of balance being made so difficult due to the disparity between optimized and unoptimized builds.

Really, I think that only your highest hit and/or evade buff should factor into accuracy. But if that's not going to happen, making the attack-limited buffs into 3-turn effects with a lower effectiveness should be fine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MegaBlues's post:
  • Ray2064
Exactly, and the danger with buffing any evade sources is that people who have optimized builds can take those buffs all the way to the bank. In buffing things to go beyond the evade cap, you're not really reducing the gap between builds, which is the crux of the issue.

Currently, the issue isn't that evade builds as a whole are bad, but that only a few classes can make it truly viable, on top of the fact that gear isn't always easy to obtain, especially for people who are less experienced with the game or less well connected. Thus, it's good to have general tools help out with this. Issue is that not everyone is gonna have access to miragewalk easily. It means if you don't have miragewalk in your build you're at a huge disadvantage. Evade build? Better know an enchanter and a guy who can sell you ogata's so you can slap that on there, otherwise your build sucks.
I will say the intention behind the original post is to target builds that normally cannot evade cap, and while buffing miragewalk to not expire after 1 attack doesn't completely fix the issue for some, it can really help for some others who have to rely on it anyway, as they may not make the most use of Windstream or cannot evade cap on their own.
I'd say it's definitely needed yeah, for lack of other options. Miragewalk is exactly the type of evade buff we need more of in the game. A simple condition that rewards you with evade without eating your momentum
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Shujin