Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sayakensa in 2024
Can you tell my copium class yet? This hand slot item for Kensei is extremely cool, and infact I wish there were MORE sheathes to add variety to Kensei's playstyle, but this one in particular lost it's niche back in GR1 when Hexer's Dark Invasion was changed from a 10% damage increase to a +10 Dark ATK increase, and it never has seen any usage since Crownbleeder+ became a thing.

While I do believe more sheathes should be a thing, changing this item seems like ultimately a cool thing to do, since one of the cooler concepts for a character to have is to be a cursed swordsman, and while 10 crit is useful, that's not the cursed item effect, instead its changing the attack type of Kensei skills to dark damage, which would only ever be useful if there were some form of dark resistance shred given at least everyone resists 1% dark, if not way more in the much more common case.

Instead I would propose that Sayakensa grant 15% Vampiric to Katanas and Kensei offensive skills when utilizing a cursed weapon, I think not only would that make sense for the reduced vitality of the weapon, but also would just be cool in general.
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Shujin, ThatOneHop, zericosmic
Yo, that be pretty dope.
would be bananas, absolutely sweet
Actually, I remembered something.

Won't that mean that the Kensei, with every attack against a cursed blood user, deletes their own buffs? I am not sure if I like that.
(04-02-2024, 03:52 PM)Shujin Wrote: Actually, I remembered something.

Won't that mean that the Kensei, with every attack against a cursed blood user, deletes their own buffs? I am not sure if I like that.

Cursed blood, once again, strikes at any attempt to use vampirism as a mechanic.
How about a special interaction, when the user has cursed blood themselves? Would fit the cursed swordman theme quite a lot.

Even if its just so that you won't be effected by others cursed blood. Would make sense atleast. Or like, a percentage of damage becomes cursed wound.
is the class kensei? asking for a friend
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]