Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Evocation Admixture
Time for a batshit suggestion!

Are you tired of evoker granting you only 2 spells for your desired element..? Are you tired of Shapeshifter being better at focusing on most elements? (Well... I'm not sure that'll ever change)

I believe Evoker should have a toggleable passive that allows them to shift the element of (some or most) evoker spells to whatever elemental buff they currently have, and have them grant the bonus spell effects of said spells.

Spell scrolls are a cool idea, but I believe aren't enough..  Fire Vyd doesn't even inflict lingering damage, and hardly has a reason at all to be used.

Evoker as it is, is almost entirely used to buff up boxer, or prop up hexer with HSDW, Lightning Evo is decent, Wind Evo is in a good place, but often outdone by ST, who just steal all the spells from Evo and get a nice bonus such as Typhur and Titan Gale, but all the other elements are kind of meh right now.

Aquamancer gets a full kit to focus on Water and has massive amounts of Utility,  Priest does too with Light or Dark, and same with Hexer.  When you select these classes, you're often looking at a ton of great buttons, whilst evoker and it's elements often get outshone by a class that just steals it's spells.

And while my suggestion might be batshit, I think something like it would greatly help with raising interest in the class, and having it be an actual option of interest for mage characters, because as it stands.. It's rarely picked up by even those.
[-] The following 10 users Like zericosmic's post:
  • CuteRedCrab, Fern, K Peculier, matthewmwps, Maya, Miller, Poruku, Ray2064, Shujin, ThatOneHop
I swear I can be trusted with a lightning wind slasher guys

(This is actually a nice great idea, imo, I'd have to agree with the fact this definitely would make it worth picking over ST in a good amount of cases - and give it some sort of identity as elementalists, since it's a bit blurry rn, given invokes are, for the most part, dead.)
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
Ryemei as any element that can crit... Damn son...
Intensify cold as any element nerfing that elems resist by 50%... DAMN SON, WHERE'D YA FIND THIS?!
Jokes asside im down. I want it.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I take umbrage with the idea that priest and light have a full complement of offensive options! It just has one really strong one (shine ray), some good ones and an elemental shred!

But honestly, I like this idea because I think mono-element in general should be a viable yet able to be countered setup. As it stands, mono element builds are a little wishy-washy. 

I think it should be limited because being able to swap based on an enchant means people can hotswap in combat to just have a full complement of really strong abilities and debuffs against whatever someone's lowest elemental resistance is. Maybe make it starsign related.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Caboozles's post:
  • zericosmic
(04-06-2024, 12:10 AM)Caboozles Wrote: I take umbrage with the idea that priest and light have a full complement of offensive options! It just has one really strong one (shine ray), some good ones and an elemental shred!

But honestly, I like this idea because I think mono-element in general should be a viable yet able to be countered setup. As it stands, mono element builds are a little wishy-washy. 

I think it should be limited because being able to swap based on an enchant means people can hotswap in combat to just have a full complement of really strong abilities and debuffs against whatever someone's lowest elemental resistance is. Maybe make it starsign related.

Yeah I think I actually like starsign idea more..

It would mean not everyone would be able to become an Ice Mage at will.
To be fair, you can't override enchants- your best option is to not take the talent for them to last as little as possible, and in this case, they can become a momentum sink very quickly
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
Yeah I actually don't think it's a problem thanks to that. It sounds like a really fun change, would allow for a ton of new cool builds
Isn't this what we wanted on some other thread forgotten years ago. Where ability to change out elements to use that would be far more helpful? I mean.. People got that with Priest, I guess.
[Image: XDo90hy.png]
Not a problem but might be annoying to code, Scrolls were likely made the way they were to make it simpler on the boss man. I'd support this idea being tied to Scrolls, and make Scrolls more modular in the future.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]