Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Korvara] Satsumi - Legendary Weapon Request

Applicable BYOND Key - Zilkat

Character Name - Kazenoaki Satsumi

Request Type - Magical Weapon / Artifact

Request Details -  A weapon of legendary origin that has the ability to make jade constructs and turn things to jade.

Specific Request - The Jade Emperor's Eagle is a long blade made of magical jade stones, that is magically kept together through spiritual energy, that has an ancient seal shaped like an eagle's head, found on ancient ruins of the Wastes, deep underground, on an ancient location known as the Jade Palace, where snakemen roam and play with ancient relics of their former owners and ancestors, which were servants of the one Jade Emperor, who ruled over the Snakemen with Jade powers and energy that enforced a totalitarian state, where the Emperor would teach how to use the Jade Magic, and spread it from himself to his followers, slowly creating his army of ancient Jade harnessers.

- The weapon itself utilizes the spiritual energy to be able to fuel its magic, as it creates jade stones that change shape based on the user's will. The user must know to make whatever they want to make, meaning that the user must understand what they want to make, they can't simply say "I solve this problem with this magic", there's a need of deep understanding of what they're wanting to make with it. 
- Its magic to turn things into jade is a completely different entity of power, that comes from the Jade Emperor's blessing, one that was imbued when his soul was placed in his weapon -- A power that gave him authority over the Snakemen that served him, much like a gorgon that turned others to stone, the emperor turned those who were against him into Jade, and the weapon harnesses this power to its potential, capable of turning from the simplest grain of sand, to a tree, into a pure Jade Statue.
- The weapon speaks to the user, as it contains the soul of the Jade Emperor, who refused to abandon the realms of humanity, with the interest of greed forevermore.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - I want to make lore for an event for Satsumi's next weapon change (Griphon's Wing) but on a flavorful, and more interesting way, giving the character more depth through new magic and tools that allow her to expand her story from the current standpoint she's at, and a way to then push her away from her current state, to make her more interesting and give her a unique set of powers centered on a magical weapon that she owns and that she learns from.
I would like to make one small addenum to clarify a small thing about intent here:
I hold no interest to turn other PCs into stone. This is a small thing to clarify, as, despite its usefulness in combat or an assailant, it feels rather opposing to the values of Satsumi, but more importantly in my opinion, it insults other player's agency to fight my character. And while I do not want to limit what it can turn to stone (to use it as flavor for RP mobs and such), I would understand if it's something that must be done.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - The idea is to make the story of the Jade Emperor an element of ancient Duyuein folklore: an ancient tale about greed and power, of a man who harnessed a type of magic that none other achieved, and that in their interest and power, lost themselves and made themselves one with the snakemen, banished to the Wastes where their rule grew, but their "empire" was false, merely a tribe, a small power that was kept centered on one location that merely lead to the death of the man and his powers were lost to time. At least, in the perspective of the world, as the jade magic would be still used in the palace, even to this day. The weapon itself was made to preserve it, as the Emperor himself claimed that it was because of him that the magic could exist to begin with.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Silka's post:
  • Trexmaster
After extensive discussion between multiple people.

This has been approved~!