Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaene Ajello - Request for Custom Spell
Applicable BYOND Key - Karflugen
Character Name - Kaene Ajello
Request Type - Custom Spell - Pinky Promise
Request Details -  I’d like to make a spell for my character. I figured it’d be a fun thing to do

Specific Request - Creation of a Custom Spell

Pinky Promise
The spell’s effects as as follows:
  • A solmancy based spell that binds two willing people with an enchantment. The binding will take the form of a brightly colored tattoo around both target’s chosen fingers. This lasts until either party dispels it.
  • To cast the spell both targets must chant “I bind my faith unto thee, grant me a safe passage home and the safety of our shore” while the caster casts the spell. The caster themselves can also be the target of the spell.
  • Once the spell is cast, both targets of the spell can chant “Home is where the heart is” To create a tether between them and the target that only they can see. Potentially leading them back together. The spell will find any way it can to reach the other target, unless there is really no way to reach its destination (i.e. if they’re trapped inside an inescapable cave). 
  • Each target involved with the spell can at any point dispel it by chanting “I unbind our faiths as our paths diverge from our previous shores”. The spell is also dispelled if one of the targets dies.
  • A target can have at most 2 people tethered to them. If either targets lack fingers then it can be cast on their wrist or whatever limb is available with the tattoo showing in the desired location..

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - I simply think it would be cool for my character to have a spell.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -

Fishing has been a staple job in  Meiaquar, and one of the many fears of families is the thought of their loved ones at sea never making it back home. And so a spell was made to ease the hearts of their families. And while it comes in multiple names, one of its more popular titles is “Pinky Promise”, as the pinky finger is the usual one used for the spell. With this, the fishermen and their family can bind themselves with a promise that the fisherman will return and if he ever wishes then they would find their way back home. And if for by some chance the fishermen never made it out, at least their family would know of their unfortunate fate.

This is simply a variant of the rescue spell that has a more practical application. However, instead of pulling the target to the caster, the caster is able to bind two targets with an enchantment that enables them to find the location of one another. Not precisely but the direction to each other. This spell is able to cover a great distance, but due to its impracticality is rarely used by people. It just so happens that Kaene’s adoptive parents knew this spell and taught him about it.