Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amalgama- Pie of Memories
Amalgama RNG hell is pretty expensive. 

I am not going to say change that, but building the character you want takes alot of time for it.

Can we have an Item, like pie of forgetfulness, that allows us to reroll a single Mutation?

How I imagine it to work:
step 1: Consume Pie
step 2: Opens a confirmation window, with all your Mutations, you select one
step 3: Reroll that selected trait within its category
step 4: ?????
step 5: +15 sanity gained.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • caliaca
I know the intention behind the race is to sort of adjust your character's whims to the mutations they develop, but I feel as if it's more friendly to the author's side to be able to tailor Amalgama however we wish to with the above suggestion, a pie of memories would be lovely, if literally one of the most powerful racials in the game starts pulling ahead because of this, it was always just RNG gated anyway and was bound to happen and be scrutinized for.

I'm in support of it, if Attunement Grudge starts looking a little too powerful as a result of this, adjusting that isn't as crucial as fine tuning mutations to your liking.
I do not even think Attune's grudge is the problem here, the main mutation are easily enough to be re-rolled, and I always end up with the one I want here eventually.

I am personally more worried about fitting resistances and the spells cause they are more flavour based, Want to play an Ice typed Amalgama? WOuld be cool if I also had ice resist and the ice spell. Some of the support skills are also just not good. But maybe that's also just because some of the Support spells are a little underwhelming to the point I just want to roll them away personally, but thats probably a topic for another day.
Anything to help amalgama roll their stuff is a good idea in my book
(04-09-2024, 07:13 AM)Shujin Wrote: I do not even think Attune's grudge is the problem here, the main mutation are easily enough to be re-rolled, and I always end up with the one I want here eventually.

I am personally more worried about fitting resistances and the spells cause they are more flavour based, Want to play an Ice typed Amalgama? WOuld be cool if I also had ice resist and the ice spell. Some of the support skills are also just not good. But maybe that's also just because some of the Support spells are a little underwhelming to the point I just want to roll them away personally, but thats probably a topic for another day.

Yeah I'm agreeing with you that the player convenience is more important, but Attune Grudge is undeniably like one of the strongest things that Amalgama has, so strong it carves out a niche for the race thankfully.

Its not overbearing right now I'd say but it certainly overshadows the others, that's a good way of explaining my viewpoint, at the end of the day, the race is still a homunculi (so it gets -40 to -50 HP, 10% less healing) and has the downsides for being so.
yeah no, 100% agree. Its niche but super powerful when it works.

I was just trying to say that the rarity of it or frequency in amalgama builds, won't change from what it is now, simply cause the main mutations are so easy to get.

I probably make a thread about some of the Amalgama mutations at some point. Attune grudge could do with some Opportunity cost in the other mutations being at the very least viable or also good so that people actually consider other things. Formidable is the only other one, I actually consider when I build an Amalgama, but thats also just a phenex light. Being able to build different type of amalgamas build a bear style, is kinda a big draw to the race to me and what makes it my favorite race.
If making the rng easier means that the best part of the race has to get nerfed then I'm not feeling it.
Like I hate the rng too, but if I went through this- and it were made easier and the reward for that was a worse version of what I enjoy? Than nah. I'll pass.

I can stand the rng.
Tldr, I like the idea but not at the expense of "fine tuning" attune grudge.
[-] The following 3 users Like Infernalis's post:
  • FatherCrixius, Miller, saikyogroove77