Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Characters of a greater fortune
I don't think that I'd want to just app for more strength. This'd feed into negative aspects of the PVP culture that kills interaction and would only further lead to people continuing to practice exclusivity. The ultimate tool of PVP is to just not engage, and most people who deserve the stat ups would likely never actively use them (or need them).  And those who don't deserve it, would fervently apply for them as though they were entitled respect.

But many people don't respect their fellow players. Everyone wants to be HIM but don't want to ever struggle to be HIM. Don't want to write or tell a story that is deserving of that level of recognition. Nor do they want others to achieve that either. Some will straight up metagame their friends and dump their spirits if they know they're facing an attuned grudge or exorcist build. Run spirits even if it doesn't fit their character. Run builds that don't fit their character at all. 

I have seen PC's buffed by EM's for the sake of consented events and conflicts. I think that'd be a good start as a trial run if this were to go forward, and I will not lie. I do like the idea of strength and division. However the community has some maturing to do before I'd sign off on any idea. Good or bad. 

I don't think SL2 works for this, and it's less for the sake of what actually works and the reaction of the community. But I do think that this opens up the conversation of how we treat others in general when Ego is involved, because at the end of the day strength mechanically matters less than how strong people perceive you to be.  Or better yet, how you're willing to treat others.
[Image: giphy.gif]