Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Talent Trait Idea
Instead of having Talent Traits as they are, I suggest they be modified to be such:

Normal Talent Traits: 10%, 5%. This is how it currently is. However, with these growths, you would be able to choose the 10% and 5%, and the combination of stat growths would not have a unique name. Instead, it would just be called "Stat++, Stat+".

Tradeoff Talent Traits: 10%, 10%, -5%. This would be for people who wish to have two better stats, at the risk of having a lower stat. This growth would be called "Stat++, Stat++, Stat-".

Specialization Talent Traits: 15%, 5%, -10%. Notice how Normal gives 15%, while this only gives 10% growths- the reason for this is to prevent minmaxing. It is meant for people who want to be specialized at one stat. This growth would be called "Stat+++, Stat+, Stat--".

As for how it would work in the interface, you would first, instead of choosing a talent trait, you would choose a talent trait style. Then, you would choose your growths, from the lowest to the highest (so negative growths much be chosen first, before positive stats). Choosing all of these options would cost 1 Trait point.

Thoughts?

EDIT: In addition, you cannot choose to lower a growth if it would bring that growth below how much your racial growth was of that stat.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Looks pretty good! The only issues I'd see with this would be solved with the editted note, so I'm all for this!
Definitely very yes.
*loud burp*
Since we already discussed the numbers and such, I like this idea. This is mainly because it should be encompassing every single variation like your older suggestion.
I'd love this, since it's odd that you're limited to the current 10-5s that we have right now.

The 'specialization' is also a nice idea, and in general allows for a lot more variation in characters than what we currently have.