Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phenex From the Ashes Buff
The Phenex is really neat race that has a lot of fun RP potential. But like many things in the game, most people stray from using classes or races that have nominal benefits. IE something else is better.

In this case, I'm proposing changing it from
Quote:The power of the Phenex clan was shown once by Heldonis, and his people are not much different. When the Phenex is reduced to 0 HP, if they have FP equal to their maximum possible FP, half of that FP is consumed and the Phenex restores that much HP immediately. This effect can only trigger once per 10 Rounds.

to

Quote:The power of the Phenex clan was shown once by Heldonis, and his people are not much different. When the Phenex is reduced to 0 HP, if they have at least 50% of their full FP, half of that FP is consumed and the Phenex restores that much HP immediately. This effect can only trigger once per 10 Rounds.

Reason being it's a near useless skill. I can only really see this come into effect when you get one shot the very first turn. Even then, it's likely to not do anything good.

I don't think this will really break anything, considering other races have means to heal for much less than half their fp cost. Plus, it will make the race more prevalent.
Addtionally, with the new revive changes:
Going from 0 HP to a positive HP amount counts as being 'revived'.

1) When you are revived, you lose 3 Momentum, as if you had been knocked down. (Skills that ignore knockdown or reduce its Momentum penalty do not take effect; it was just an example.)
2) When you are revived, you gain a status called Badly Beaten for 4 rounds, with a starting LV of 1. Badly Beaten causes the Momentum you receive from a new round starting to be reduced by its LV. If you are revived and are already suffering from Badly Beaten, the duration is extended by 4 rounds, and the LV is increased by 1. (Note that status effect duration is reduced even during turns you are incapacitated, so you get revived, then knocked out again, and 4 turns later you get revived, you will get a 'fresh' Badly Beaten, not a powered-up version.)

This will balance out, and in my opinion, make it have a drawback instead of a plain benefit. [fp cost not withstanding]

Sidenoite: I'm not sure if this has been suggested prior or the reason for denying the suggestion, so if it has do spare me.
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.
I'm up for it if it's 75%, perhaps.
This would be more viable, yeah.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
Or it could be made so that once per battle, you're healed for half of your maximum FP, with no FP loss
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6971#p6971 Wrote:MegaBlues » Fri May 01, 2015 8:39 pm[/url]"]Or it could be made so that once per battle, you're healed for half of your maximum FP, with no FP loss

I feel that this would be only viable if the full FP requirement remains. Otherwise rather overpowered.
Having a full FP requirement means that it will never activate, as increased Will, using skills requiring FP, having FP drained will make it never usable.

And even if you manage to use it, you suddenly have no FP to fight with. Which is a death sentence.
Try being a Ghost Phenex with Rising Game months back. The +WIL also increased your max FP (and might still), preventing you from ever using From the Ashes if you had Rising Game as a Phenex, unless you spammed FP potions.

This skill is useless, and never activates because of it's requirement. 75% of max FP is fine, otherwise, people aren't going to ever consider Phenexes because of their shitty racial ability. In fact, Corbies are better than Phenex now with all their skill buffs, and how they can fly in battle while Phenex can't.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Lack of FP isn't a death sentence, if it's a second breath sorta thing. Your opponent is half dead already. You suddenly can basic attack them with your incredible str/ski
oh look
17 FP per turn returns
melee gs rejoice

it sounds like a good idea on paper but it is abusable. Alot.
On top of what Sarinpa mentioned, there's the new KO penalty for when you get revived (unless FtA bypasses that, which I don't believe it does). So even with that fancy FP regen, you have a turn cooldown, and a KO penalty right after being revived via FtA. Meaning, it still takes some time to activate it again.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Standing by my old stance, I still feel it's a little too exploitable to lower the raw FP percentage requirements. Even with the new revival penalties, this would still allow a Phenex to equip two classes that can't heal and maximize survival/ FP efficiency just to game the mechanic. Combine this with the fact that Phenex have the best racial growths in Faith (+10% faith over nearly every other race is substantial and worth consideration) for Devotion procs and Youkai slots, and... I mean, come on, I can't be the only one who sees the room for rampant abuse and Phenex suddenly becoming an incredibly common race, when you factor in they can revive allies as any class, as well.

But. I do also admit it's an issue when you get a will buff (Nerhaven, Rising Game, etc) and suddenly it won't proc.

90% maybe. But not anywhere near as low as 50%, or even 75%. Yes, even if it only triggers once every 10 turns and you're at a disadvantage upon revival, it'd still way too easy to simply make yourself hard to kill and exploit this mechanic. As it is, my existing phenex characters game the mechanic by using low FP consumption builds with some FP recovery (Kensei relying mainly on normals, MG with Battle Spirits and multi shot guns, etc) and using FTA as a heal/ surviving a nuke for free/ whatever. By making the threshold lower, we'll no doubt see it exploited mercilessly by class combos that can do a lot of damage AND game the mechanics.
*loud burp*