Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youkai Gambits
So, you know how in Final Fantasy 12 you could customize the AI of your characters. Making them buff if a status effect wore off, attack, cast heal, revive. Etc.

Can we get something akin to that for youkai? Dragon Age does this wonderfully with the TACTICS as seen here

[*] http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Tactics_(Origins)
[*] http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Tactics_(Dragon_Age_II)

Just having Self < 50% HP Parraeta Target for that one-fairy would be nice is all.
I like the idea of it myself, but isn't the stupidity of the youkai one of the [strike]excuses for[/strike] downsides to Summoner being so powerful in general? Not that balance has ever been a thing with them.

More on-topic, you could probably fit a box in the Youkai Screen to add these gambits to. Simple stuff, like an 'action' with a 'target' and a 'condition' that could be changed. [Current Target] [Hp
There is no 'excuse' or 'downside' to youkai being ridiculously powerful. They need a nerf pretty bad, and Chaos and I have already argued with tons of people about it for a bit. This would be post-nerf, if anything.
I think personally the biggest thing Youkai need, besides a nerf yes.. Is selecting your target via youkai by clicking and dragging like in SL1. It's annoying that they act like retarded idiots and only attack the first target they can find nearby.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
They already have that Ryu. This is a more advanced system I desire.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=434#p434 Wrote:Rendar » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:04 pm[/url]"]They already have that Ryu. This is a more advanced system I desire.

Did they? I've never seen my youkai do it yet. Well disregard what I said, then.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Pretty sure that was added. Might've been removed but its worth a check through the old update logs.
Confirming: Drag and click works.

Also confirming: Drag and click is a complete and utter pain in the ass with a crappy laptop with a half-busted mouse when turns are lagging and I need to scramble my input before my turn gets skipped and oh crap now it's too late to tell my Asrai to parraeta that Legume instead of that Gorgon.

I'd be 100% in favor of a VERY simplistic tactic menu like "prioritize weaknesses" or even just "hang back" (so lower level ones can gain exp without charging and dying) or something and not "lol we bumrush so braindead"
*loud burp*
Or better yet, "conserve FP" mode, where the youkai won't use its skills until you toggle it off.