Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build Mode Suggestions
So, right now, building a house can be fairly tedious if you're not settling for a simple one or two floor building. Here are a few ideas to help ease the pain.

1. Allow home owners, while in Build Mode, to move between floors without having to locate and use the Extra Level itself. This would allow for houses that possess multiple levels to be much, much easier to build, as you wouldn't need to run through all the floors preceding it to work on it. Not to mention leaving it without relogging. Something akin to selecting which Extra Level you'd want to go to. I'm not sure how possible this is, but, I imagine it'd mean marking the Extra Levels or something.

2. While in Build Mode, have it so you can optionally be able to toggle the density/opaque of tiles. Something akin to noclip, if you're familiar with it--just phasing through all tiles regardless of if you'd be able to normally. This would make navigating floors and building them simpler, as instead of needing to build non-opaque walls and such prior, you could just lay them down as is, not to mention how easy it'd be to move around the floor.
There are a series of housing suggestions that haven't even received a verdict or consideration. The Jammer Caves' two floor system is proof that something is possible. Maybe give the houseowner the ability to name their individual levels, so when they choose to port via prompt, they can pick out which floor to access. There are several ways this can be implemented. I'd prefer a houseowner-only feature that allows them to access any floor, from any level.