Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrekted Oil
In addition to having the ability to completely ruin everyone's day with AoE poison, Wretched Oil does only slightly less damage cross-map than Magaisendo did in its prime.

Against enemies with low RES you can just use it from across the map and kill them in 2 turns.

Wretched Oil -> Wretched Oil

Does more damage than:

Charge Mind
Magaisendo -> Magaisendo
Examples? Didn't this get changed to not be able to inflict Poison beyond a certain range at some point?
The spell itself does full damage at all ranges, and hits the entire battle.
Magaisendo used to do this, and it was changed for good reason.

A point-blank Magaisendo at 80 Will only does 17 more damage than a cross-map Wretched Oil, not counting the fact that you need 30% Dark and Earth Resistance to equal the same amount of damage reduction as 30% Earth for Magaisendo, or the fact that Dark Invasion increases the overall damage from it by 5%.
I think the damage should be lowered to 75% if the target is beyond six range. (Also, doesn't RES apply to both the damage types individualy?)
Or, just give it the Magaisendo treatment.

Past 3 range, damage is lowered by 10% for each tile, to a minimum of 50% damage.

And no, Res is applied before the damage split. The split doesn't cause the spell to deal any less damage in general.
I don't agree with a magaisendo treatment. The damage scaling is already not too good. (Forgot that it doesn't use full will?) So there has to be a much longer range where it has full effect. Otherwise it just becomes a maybe poison, or FP sink.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7563#p7563 Wrote:Soapy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:42 pm[/url]"]A point-blank Magaisendo at 80 Will only does 17 more damage than a cross-map Wretched Oil, not counting the fact that you need 30% Dark and Earth Resistance to equal the same amount of damage reduction as 30% Earth for Magaisendo, or the fact that Dark Invasion increases the overall damage from it by 5%.
More details are needed. Though to be honest, a base Magaisendo doing that much better point-blank doesn't sound like a crisis; Hexers don't get Charge Mind for their spells.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7579#p7579 Wrote:Chaos » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:39 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7563#p7563 Wrote:Soapy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:42 pm[/url]"]A point-blank Magaisendo at 80 Will only does 17 more damage than a cross-map Wretched Oil, not counting the fact that you need 30% Dark and Earth Resistance to equal the same amount of damage reduction as 30% Earth for Magaisendo, or the fact that Dark Invasion increases the overall damage from it by 5%.
More details are needed. Though to be honest, a base Magaisendo doing that much better point-blank doesn't sound like a crisis; Hexers don't get Charge Mind for their spells.

I got +25 damage with Mag.
I did 94 damage with Wretched Oil and 119 (point blank) with Magaisendo.
(They're both at 5 and I have Dark Invasion.)
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
I'd be fine with Wretched Oil doing less damage as it goes farther out, as long as the range of poison extended past four. However, the status chance of the poison would have penalties past range four (with 90% of your normal chance at range 5, 80% at range 6, 70% chance at range 7, etc).
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Here you go, did some tests against Spatial Corrupters.

Modifiers from Stats, Skills, Equipment, Talents:
83 WIL
29 Spell Power Tome
+10 Damage with Evocation
+5 Damage with Rank 5 Geomancy
+10% Darkness Damage with Dark Invasion

Close Range Test (1-3 tiles away)
Level 45 Spatial Corrupter (60 RES)

Rank 4 Magaisendo (WIL+20) (*2.5 with Charge Mind)
307 Earth Damage

Rank 4 Magaisendo (WIL+20)
87 Earth Damage

Rank 5 Wretched Oil (80% WIL+10)
30 Earth Damage
33 Darkness Damage
(Inflicted LV 30 Poison)

Far Range Test (8+ tiles away)
Level 45 Spatial Corrupter (62 RES)

Rank 4 Magaisendo (WIL+20) (*2.5 with Charge Mind) (Half damage for Maximum Distance)
122 Earth Damage

Rank 4 Magaisendo (WIL+20) (Half damage for Maximum Distance)
12 Earth Damage

Rank 5 Wretched Oil (80% WIL+10)
29 Earth Damage
31 Darkness Damage
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]