Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broke-galfa
http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=1392

Making a bug report thread out of this, because honestly, I'm not sure whether Exgalfa is bugged, or it's just that bad.

Add it to the record.
Try it out on some other targets and let me know the stats/expected damage and the actual damage.
Testing against a level 1 Jammer.

21 power tome
10 evocation
70 Will
50 Spell Power
x1.3 Greaper

vs

10 Res

Leads to 186 damage. Due to Nerhaven, the damage is split between eight fireballs, which means that the spell could do between 66 and 306 damage (But it's always on the low end), with each fireball dealing 23, 8, or 38 Damage. (186 divided by eight, then +/- 15)

Jammer Epsilon takes 41 Fire damage.
Jammer Epsilon takes 2 Fire damage.
Jammer Epsilon takes 9 Fire damage.
Jammer Epsilon takes 2 Fire damage.

In total, the attack did much more than expected, and the fireballs' damage is off.

Same thing, against a Scare Bear with 5 Resistance.

Scarebear takes 42 Fire damage.
Scarebear takes 45 Fire damage.

Now, for an enemy with high resistance, with 89 Will to boot.

Spatial Corrupter takes 16 Fire damage.
Spatial Corrupter takes 0 Fire damage.
Thanks for testing this. Something to note is that Greaper applies uniquely with Exgalfa; it will apply its multiplication after Exgalfa receives its bonus or reduced damage, and to the individual damage per fireball. So basically, with your stats;

21+10+71+50 = 151

151 / 8 = 18.875 (18)

On lucky fireball: 18+15 = 33
On unlucky fireball: 18-15 = 3

33 x 1.3 = 42.9 (42)
3 x 1.3 = 3.9 (3)

This is before resistance, of course, but it's possible you might have forgotten one of the modifiers, such as Pure Power, tome material bonuses, -mancy bonuses, and so on.
I made sure not to have Pure Power or Pyromancy while using this. Also, tome material bonuses only affect the cost of a spell, not the power.

Also, I would think that making it so that resistance (if you meant stat-wise) and multiplication bonuses apply to Exgalfa before bonus or reduced damage, or remove the negative side completely, because it's much too unreliable to be worth using as-is. The damage split from Nerhaven only serves to make the spell weaker in total as well.

But I'll check this off as fixed for now, and move back to suggestions.
Actually, un-checking this. You didn't account for stat-wise resistance in the damage formula, and I can't figure out a way to make the numbers add up. Especially the 3 damage difference in the Scare Bear's log.

And for the Jammer, account for resistance, spell power after Resistance is 141, divided by eight, that's 17.625. Which adds up to 2.625 and 32.625.

1.3(2.625) = 3.4, which rounds down to 3. Okay. 1.3(2) is 2.6, which is 2, so I'm going to go forward assuming that all integer rounding occurs at the end.

1.3(17.625) = 22.9 = 22. Nowhere to be seen.

1.3(32.625) = 42.4 = 42. Close, but not quite.

So there's still something wrong, or I'm missing something again.

Assuming that Resistance is taken into account sometime later, we get back up to 151. Which is 18.875 after splitting. so 3.875, and 33.875. These numbers just don't work out.