Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limiting Reductions
Guard not working with Evasion seems like a good way to start it off.

Not many people in heavy armor have 'good' dodge, but I can see your armor class affecting evasion too.

Those two changes, alone, would stop a lot of the evasion shenanigans... but, magic will still be kinda gimped against VA's. Which I mean, is sort of the point, since Void Veil wasn't the .best. against magic. Unless you had good resistance to stack onto it.

With VV and Evasion alone you knock a say.. after item/stat res 100 sear to 35 damage. Which is kind of a lot, considering. That, alone, would make it be fine and 'balanced'. What makes it unbalanced is your item/stat res kicking in and dropping that shit really.. really low. Really quickly.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7848#p7848 Wrote:Neus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:09 pm[/url]"]A few thoughts.

1. I could see Void Assassin's Voidveil reduction getting reduced to half and its void energy generation getting doubled, since they always have access to Evasion now.
  2. Evasion could also get some modifications to its damage reduction percentage based on the armor type you're using. Unarmored could have the current 50% modifier, light armor could have 25%, heavy armor could have 0%.
  3. I could see Guard preventing Evasion, since you're focusing on blocking the attack and not avoiding it.

Could Voidveil be as-is, but Evasion working as such: Unarmored gives 30%, Light Armor gives 20%, and Heavy Armor gives 10%?
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7848#p7848 Wrote:Neus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:09 pm[/url]"]A few thoughts.

1. I could see Void Assassin's Voidveil reduction getting reduced to half and its void energy generation getting doubled, since they always have access to Evasion now.
  2. Evasion could also get some modifications to its damage reduction percentage based on the armor type you're using. Unarmored could have the current 50% modifier, light armor could have 25%, heavy armor could have 0%.
  3. I could see Guard preventing Evasion, since you're focusing on blocking the attack and not avoiding it.
I don't think hitting Evasion specially would help the case, as like Slydria said, there are inevitably going to be additions down the road that will bring this kind of topic back to the forefront.

However, if all else fails, I have no problem with applying two or even all three of these thoughts. That, and/or halving Evasion's reduction power.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I'm okay with Dev's ideas. The Guard idea in particular makes perfect logical sense. I also like the idea of more Void Generation for reduced reductions. Encourage more use of Void Skills rather than just keeping it on for the benefits.

Furthermore, we could possibly reduce natural dodge a bit. VAs have the highest Cel growth in the game, so Evasion + dodging most non autohits CAN get kind of insane. I'm 100% in favor of giving them a tool to cope with Autohits, don't get me wrong, but since most noteworthy dodgers have pretty good modifiers to dodge as is (Kensei, for example) and even Skl crazy classes like Magic Gunner can end up struggling to hit them, the last thing we need is to make this have no drawbacks.
*loud burp*
All of the changes I mentioned will be in the next update.