Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boss Catalyst Rarity
To me, trying to obtain the Boss' Catalysts (or items found with their enchants) is simply not worth the effort.

Even though things like the Mutated Jammer Core are awesome and allow for some creative builds and I would love to test them out further but... I know the odds of me finding one are very slim and trying to actively grind for one would frustrate and bore me to tears.

And even then if I get lucky enough to find one, it being so rare and not being able to be broken down to maybe get it back means I have to be very careful about what I do with it making it less of a thing I can just experiment with. So overall, it ends up being a disappointing experience instead of a fun one for me.

So to alleviate that I think the odds of bosses dropping a random item with their special catalyst on it should be greatly increased. Even though you can't break them down, it would be neat to come across something interesting that you wouldn't make yourself but that very rarely happens at the moment.

And of course, I think the likelihood of the catalysts themselves dropping from bosses should be bumped up.

Now I don't know the numbers exactly but I've heard they have a rate identical to Black Beasts dropping their Black Books however I don't think that really works for Bosses because:

- You fight multiple Black Beasts at once. (2-3 per battle.)

- You can fight several of them fairly frequently during a Black Beast invasion.

- Bosses on the other hand, you have to clear the bottom floor before you fight them. While a higher level a boss means the more likely you'll get one, it also means the more clean up you have to do before you can face them which I feel works against that idea.

- Alternatively you can stumble across one in a static dungeon but there's still a delay to how often you can find one that way.

- Even then it's usually only the one per fight. (Gigas Rex in a Crazy being the exception.)
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
They are and aren't the same as Black Beast's drop rate, because a Black Beast only has a book in its drop table 25% of the time. Bosses always have the catalyst in their drop table; level/10 is the rate. So level 60 bosses have 6% chance, which is the same as a Black Beast if it has a black book in its drop table. So the average drop rate of a Book per battle is probably around 3%.

I could bump up the drop rate on the boss catalysts a little bit but they're supposed to be relatively rare. Maybe 1% per 5 or 6 levels (12%/10% respectively).
Fair enough. I can definitely agree with bumping them up to your suggested values, I don't think they would be too common to come by considering how often you could fight a boss anyway.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]