Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cobalt Qrytys - "Where's my backstab stabby-stabby?"
I admit that I am not sure if it is intentional or not, but I want to at least make sure.

Using the cobalt Qrytys (The fist-dagger weapon), I noticed that the backstab skill from VA doesn't give me the extra +10 crit, even though the weapon is technically supposed to qualify as a dagger as well.

I decided to check it out with an actual dagger (Using the magnifying glasses for this), I saw that when I changed from a front attack to a back attack, I did receive the crit chance from backstab for this weapon.

On a side note,I also heard from Trexmaster in OOC after talking about this, that even though you can use dark imbue with Red argus, you don't receive the extra darkness damage when you attack. (Though I admit that I didn't check it myself as of this moment)

Personally, I think that the weapons that can also qualify as another weapon, don't receive the passive bonuses of their alternate qualities? (Like the cobalt qrytys as a dagger, and the red argus as an axe), though I could be wrong.
Just here to confirm that the statement about the Red Argus is in fact true. You can use Dark Imbue due to it qualifiying for axe skills, but it'll do nothing when you attack with it, nor provide a hit bonus.

I tested it to be sure.
All of the 'also qualifies' weapons behave this way and only qualify as those weapons for the purpose of using skills. This could change but it becomes a question of 'should it' and I imagine it would be a bit more time consuming than expected.
I don't think they should qualify for passive skills. Here's looking at you, Deadly Arms.