Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleanse Body
Simply put, I feel like Cleanse Body does waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for being a base class skill, on one of the arguably best base classes in the game no less.

Granted it's rarely used, but, it removes Immoblize, Fear, Poison, Blind, and Slow (which is any and all movement hindering effects to my knowledge).

My main beef with it is its Poison removal, as every other skill that removes Poison has a cap on the level which its capable of curing (up to 45 unless its stat based). So I don't see why a base class of all things is getting a free pass on it, while promos like Black Knight get a skill that only removes -one- of those statuses, and has a level cap to boot (not to mention that unlike Martial Artist, Black Knights are typically strained for SP).

I'm not sure what can/should be done other than instating a cap based on rank to the Poison removal.
I could see it having a cap of 3*Rank or 4*Rank. I believe the BK skill is 15*Rank with 3 ranks max, so this would make it more useful against the strongest poisons.

Alternatively, it could be based on your WIL.
WIL/2 seems like it'd be reasonable to me if it were to be stat-based. 3 or 4 times rank would put it more in line with what to expect from base-class skills, but, of course, would make it useless for that specific status after a certain point, but, I think it can manage to not be a cure-all for one of the five stauses it cures.

And, yeah, Steel Blood goes 15-30-45. I could go on about BK but that isn't what this thread is for.
Personally, the status level caps are the main reason I literally never invest any points into learning any other status removal skill. I've lost track of the number of times I've run afowl of Barghest poison I couldn't cure, for example.

I'd argue Cleanse Body is too good, yes, but not for the lack of level caps, but for how many status are affected by it. I personally don't see how half the statuses it affects are "cleansing your body" as Fear is a psychological thing, rather than a physical one. Immobilize is caused by external forces; outside of maybe Stone Gaze, no immobilize effect is ever anything other than your legs being pinned via an external force (Roots, Grass, Corpse Hands, you get the idea.)

Personally? I'd leave the poison/burn removal without caps, but just remove all the other effects. To still keep it as a sink for 5 SP, it could cure only Burn at rank 1, adding Poison at rank 3, and getting -2 to the FP cost per rank, with rank 5 costing what it currently costs.
*loud burp*
"Trexmaster" Wrote:WIL/2 seems like it'd be reasonable to me if it were to be stat-based. 3 or 4 times rank would put it more in line with what to expect from base-class skills, but, of course, would make it useless for that specific status after a certain point, but, I think it can manage to not be a cure-all for one of the five stauses it cures.

And, yeah, Steel Blood goes 15-30-45. I could go on about BK but that isn't what this thread is for.

Agree with WIL/2. It removes so many damned statuses that it should be difficult to achieve the cure-all 30 poison removal that players inflict. Not that barghests aren't total ass holes with their rank 45 poison, but realistically 30 is all that matters.