Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Housing] Individually locked Chests
Scenario: Player 2 marries Player 1 ICly, and they move in, together. Due to the nature of the relationship, Player 2 is granted access to multiple of Player 1's recources, via...

- The front door (to the town) being left open.
- Getting keys to the doors
- Making multiple storage containers not locked to the owner, because it's your own damn home, you'll keep some of your stuff there instead of the bank!

This is fine. Right? Right!

The issue comes from other people getting in. I sometimes see people in OOC bragging about stealing from people's houses when they forgot to lock doors. And, while I get that theft is a legitimate IC action (albeit scummy and petty from an OOC standpoint) I thought it was incredibly unfair that only the house owner would get "theft protection" in the form of personally-locked containers.

So what I'm proposing is to allow some chests to be locked with a key, just like doors. This will let residents (Be it spouses, children, employees, friends, in-laws, whatever) actually have their own secure place to store loot.

Also, on a related note, could we have a preference to allow us to open locked doors without unlocking them if we have a key, so they will be locked again after closing, making it a simple two clicks to get in (Open/Close) instead of multiple right clicks? Because that's a pain in the neck to do just to stop other players from being dicks.
*loud burp*
I made a similar suggestion though it was just an access-mode-toggle for house editors specifically.

Hmm, I think if we had keys to lock chests we would also need a way to change the locks. EG: The maligned former shop worker comes to clear out the shop stock only to discover that every lock has been changed.

I like the idea of being able to open/close a door without locking/unlocking it, definitely.
Someone takes 600 Lightning damage.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...8D4F847A0C
(Skype: Underwater.Dreaming)