Gun balancing and mg stuff
New Cloth and Metal armor type.

Kevlar
Reduces damage from multi shot weapons by 5% per rarity of the torso item
-5 evade +3 def
5 weight

Ceramic
reduces damage from all guns by 15
-80% to armor weight +5 evade -10 def*forgot this....

Mg shells vs RES stat
Res x1.5 = % of base shell damage

Single shot guns
get 150%-200% shell damage, in conjuction with the above so that the decided total is what the percent is minus'd from
The concept is good but 5% per rarity, -15 gun damage, and 1.5x res is too much.

Multihit guns are a bit strong but the only thing bringing them over the top is spirit hunter which is getting nerfed soon. Those kind of numbers make them trash and a combination of them can literally make even the current spirit hunter do 0 damage. especially considering that you can equip multiple items of those types.

And that's ignoring the extra evade Ceramic gives.

Making it 5% on kevlar and -3 or -4 gun damage on ceramic would be more appropriate imo.
Magnetic shield is also a thing.
You shouldn't be able to bring a single item and completely negate an entire class. If you're going to counter a gun with your equipment, it needs be the focus.
Also I don't really see the point in making shell damage factor in res on top of this. Most players are generally harder to crit than normal mobs, especially with faith being a thing, and it's only chain shell that's going to be outputting a lot of damage which requires a chain of constant crits.
Ceramic would be a metal type armor

5% per rarity is theoretically impossible to reduce something to 0 damage as 9 rarity on a item is the max. meaning 45% damage reduction.

1.5xres would mean needing 75 res to ignore mg shell damage (effects would still work) P.s only one gimped character is close to that.

also those effects were only meant for torso items

Kevlar and Ceramic armor is mainly used on body armor, Shoes and gloves are usually normal and Sl2 doesn't have a head slot.
I said in combination.
If Ceramic and kevlar are only exclusive to body armor and there are no shoes, gloves, or accessories that can be ceramic or kevlar then it's okay.
However, 45% damage reduction or -15 damage is still too much. I've got a level LA'd 55 gunner with above perfect skill growth and evoker-tier will cuz lucky rolls and with an OP gun like spirit hunter, ceramic in combination with magnetic shield reduces gun damage to 8 if I don't crit, kevlar reduces it to 12.

That will screw any multihit gun that is not the current spirit hunter and anyone else that doesn't have really good rolls. And keep in mind, other multihit guns don't get access to the sniper barrel. so they're even less likely to crit.

And you'll need to explain how the res thing works because the way I'm seeing it, you're saying it res x 1.5 should reduce shell damage by that as a % and shell damage isn't exactly a problem unless you're constantly critting with chain shell, especially because chain shell is the only shell that adds more damage when it's a charged shot and overcharge doesn't need a nerf.