Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pizza That Broke the Shopkeeper
So, I setup a macro to speed up the process of shoving 1,000 items into my shop, since food doesn't stack and that makes me angry but that's beside the point.

After roughly 200+ of them were successfully stocked, eventually, I lost connection, this error---

[Image: 3449aab8ff.png]

appearing whenever I attempt to use 'manage shop' on the shop in question.

It's worth noting that for whatever reason the box kept resizing itself while the macro ran, but, it didn't seem to affect the process -somehow-.

This feels like something more BYOND related than the game itself, but, felt like I should post here anyways since said shopkeeper (specifically 'Ow the Edge (and pizza)') is now unaccessible to me.

If you need the slot information, it's slot 1 and the key is Trexmaster.

UPDATE: It seems buying some of the stock fixed the issue. Somehow.

UPDATE 2: After trying to replace the stock, it turns out that when the same number of pizza was added back, the issue occured again. I think this is due to having too many of the same item in a shop. More testing will be done.

UPDATE AGAIN: After more testing, it seems to be due to the combined total of characters in the names of the shop's items that causes this. Putting in an item with only a 3 character name didn't result in this issue after replacing an item with many more (a five star superb filling watermelon slice).
I guess there should probably be an upper limit on the number of items you can put into a shop at once to prevent this from happening.
Probably.

Though it's not directly correlated to the item count, it's the characters in the item's name that seems to trigger it (though limiting the item count would prevent this from happening assuming the character limit is at or below what 'five star superb filling' food is capable of reaching).

If we could rename food for whatever reason I'd be able to shove a lot more into the shop.

Buuuut for the time being a limit may just have to do.
There's a max of 100 items (types or unique items like equipment, so stackable items count as 1 even if you have 99999 in there) per ASK now. Any shops over the limit will remain the same, but you won't be able to add items until the inventory is below the limit.