Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solid obstacles] Enough is enough!
Let me begin by prefacing this by saying "if your answer is "dude, chill and use an alga plume" my response is "fuck you up the ass with a soccer kleat" because while the situation is indeed escapeable via alga plume, they're a finite and precious resource early on, and unless my HP/FP didn't give it away, this is a level 7."

So I just logged in to this:

[Image: a16c93c531a42168a80267725cc3f95c.png]

I can't be the only one who's fed up by it being 100% required to buy 10 rusty picks with the money saved from only buying one item in the tutorial, due to both static and BDP pathways being blocked regularly by ore veins. In a similar vein, notice that it is 100% required to either have High Strength or High Skill+Cel in BDPs for getting by doors (Which completely dicks over characters lacking either, such as Hexers, LBs in the Skill department, Tacticians in the Cel department, etc, making certain classes nearly incapable of dungeoning solo because they can't get past doors, forcing them to stick to only deserts and caves and drastically limiting their available options.)

Seriously, Dev. Please do something about this. Maybe limiting the ore vein placements to "not immediately beside a wall" and maybe a 3rd option for dealing with doors that scales with will? I'm fed up with literally getting blockaded in ways I can't circumvent.
*loud burp*
Small suggestion: don't log out in places like that.

But seriously, getting the money for picks/lockpicks isn't that hard (gather wood then sell it, mine ore then sell that too, rinse repeat). Odds are you'll have at least one of the stats needed to get through doors, and the traits exist to help boost your odds if your stats aren't amazing for it (or to make it impossible to fail. Seriously, with both lockpicking traits, I cannot fail with 45 base SKI and 50 base CEL. those aren't that high).

I won't argue that doors can be a pain sometimes if you for some reason manage to have awful STR, SKI -and- CEL, but I can't imagine making a build that'd manage to get sub 30 in every single stat of those.

As for the ore veins, yeah, having a limit of them spawning in closed areas would be nice, but, it's sort of expected for everyone to have picks. I think. It's more of a newbie problem anyways, but, a simple fix would be allowing people to just...break them down or something if they lack a pick to get them out of the way. Sort of like that wall-breaking idea dev said might happen someday.
1) Wasn't by choice. I was lagging too bad to get elsewhere. I've also had the cave update resources while I was in the hallway outside the Omega Jammer and gotten stuck between two ore nodes, in the past, as well. Fortunately, in that circumstance, I was on my way to help someone out with the Jammer fight due to their build, and I already had picks on my own character. Doesn't make it any less stupid, though.

2) Easier said than done. High level players love to comb the jammer cave for quick, effortless materials wood and chests, leaving jack all for the lowbies. And while you're right about "odds are' the fact still remains that some classes, most notably hexer, basically get jack all towards Str/Ski/Cel, severely gimping dungeoning potenial.

You're definitely right about how it's generally expected for everyone to have lockpicks and pickaxes, don't get me wrong. But it's also not like you start with any, and the rusty picks in Cellsvich are absolute garbage tier. I once bought 5 and broke them all before I could even get any ore to sell for a 6th, since the odds of getting ore is low until you invest in the harvest talent, and quite frankly you have so many talents vying for your attention early on that expecting it to be maxed by the time you get to B2-B3 of the jammer cave is ridiculous.
*loud burp*
I think Dev said something at some point about bombs eventually having a use in situations such as opening doors. Perhaps using bombs on ores to simply get rid of them without getting any resources could also be an addendum to that idea.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
I think the point that Rany is trying to make is that there should be a way to get out of these quite extraordinarily -special- situations that doesn't require a resource.

Maybe like a once per ic day escape spell that instantly removes you from a dungeon.
You logged off (went to sleep) in an unstable cavern.
Unfortunately, it has collapsed ontop of you as you slept.
You dead.
Since death penalty doesn't apply until level ten, and by then you can have a pick, problem solved forever.

But naw, I'd simply have chests not be a solid obstacle and mining nodes possibly destroyable with your own weapon, reducing durability and using that physical stamina system too. Or something.
As for doors, well, if you get teleported by a trap and are stuck because of doors, I'd say it's a legit enough of a punishment to be stuck enough for an alga plume.
Maxed Security w/ Level 7 Picks usually get through most doors, and if that doesn't work, cave BDPs don't spawn doors to begin with. I don't think we really need to give an alternative method to go through doors.

However, Ore Veins should've been non-dense since day one. Not only is there a lack of indication to newcomers that a Pickaxe is practically a necessity to get through the very first dungeon, but situations like these force the player to (potentially) metagame if they want to get out.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye