Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vorpal Strike for guns
It seems that since the last update, Vorpal Strike for guns has increased their damage exponentially, This is because while before it added defense as damage, this was sorta fine, but not now when the formula crits the defense as bonus damage.

For example: My 40 defense character gets vorpal critted for 60 extra damage, so if a quickdraw were doing about 20 damage per shot and then Vorpal kicked in, it would do 80 damage on a vorpal crit, with stuff like Quickdraws existing this is pretty overbearing imo. Tank busting should exist, but guns already do that so..

What I'm suggesting is to change the effects of Vorpal for guns.

First suggestion: Change it to give guns +10% crit and nothing else, no bonus damage, the whole point of Vorpal is to ignore defense occasionally and guns already do that.

Second Suggestion: Change Vorpal so that it gives guns +10% crit and extra critical % damage at the same chance as the current vorpal chance, as in changing the multiplier from 1.5x to 2x or something.

I might also suggest just raising the chances of Vorpal across the board to 15% for all weapons.
As of right now, you will (almost) only see Vorpal in two contexts: Multihit guns, and Fang. Fang is really just a technicality, given that it comes prepackaged with Vorpal and practically quadruples the chance of the effect firing off.

As I've stated in a different thread, vorpal is unimaginably stronger on multihit guns than it can ever be on anything else. You shoot anywhere from 50 to 300 defense-ignoring damage per volley (outside matador's with Feel No Pain), and get to tack on their defense as a bonus every time vorpal triggers. I don't even think vorpal strike should do ANYTHING for multishot guns, since they already crank out some of the highest (and almost entirely unavoidable) damage in the game. Guns ignore defense, Vorpal ignores defense, there's no need for vorpal to turn every point of defense into free damage.

Outside of multihit guns (and the aforementioned Fang), Vorpal is next to useless as a catalyst. You see a lot of blessed, a handful of rebellion, a whole lot of rustic, and a sprinkling of holy, but vorpal? Not likely. Vorpal needs some sort of buff in general, and not on guns. Given that rampaging exists (and also is not very strong), it might be worth changing Vorpal entirely to increase the damage of critical strikes by a flat percentage. Or something else. Something worth 2 Inks.
Or just maybe make the bonus DEF damage spread through shots, like all other things do for guns.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
That would require fiddling with the order in which everything was calculated and displayed, which sounds like a bad idea.
I think Vorpal Strike bonus damage should be divided by the number of rounds the gun's have. So now that is how it behaves.
Hasn't akimbo been nerfed enough?
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=9205#p9205 Wrote:LadyLightning » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:18 am[/url]"]Hasn't akimbo been nerfed enough?

Clearly not, since it still does some of the highest damage in the game, with equally high utility from shells.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=9205#p9205 Wrote:LadyLightning » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:18 pm[/url]"]Hasn't akimbo been nerfed enough?
No, it hasn't. It's the safest super-damage option in the game and can outpace every other burst damage currently present. It's not done being nerfed until it either has a reasonable equal or isn't a quick killer in typical circumstances.

I'm hoping that the Vorpal damage for guns no longer gets the Critical bonus, as well. High DEF is already punishing enough to its user as-is.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye