Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: Combating Creativity
This is painful. Not unforgivable, but painful, and it's probably happened to just about everyone at this point. But yes kiddies, people don't need other people to explain their own skills to them ICly. It's generally considered poor form to do so.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
'Lo and behold, the population that has zero imagination.

Believe it or not, these examples sound like pure metagame. So consider this a public warning more than a PSA. Anyone who's going 'i can see dormeho stuff from cellsvich' also needs to be reported to a GM.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
People actually do that? You think they would have some sense and say it was a Laplace alert.
All of my freaking yes, this is painful and wow.

Me: Hmm... my character concept is *this* and the closest I can get are these two class combos.
(For example, let's say a monk/MG who roleplays the Guns as Ki Blasts)
Me: *emotes about charging it up and using it*
Other: Oh, you use guns?
Me: *facepalm*

People need to stop being allergic to creativity. I am not "a metagaming little shit" by not roleplaying things completely literally. Oh no, I used an LB spell without a lantern in my description, I must be charged and taken to trial> *sigh*
*loud burp*
RIP
Fight the power.

Sometimes it's hard not to do this unintentionally with how the fighting in this game works.(like when someone looks onto the spar at a later time only seeing the skill types without reading descriptions, ect.) Maybe if we'd got that custom ability name, sounds and effect icons from the donation item suggestion the world of SL2 could really flourish. But as it is now. You might as well not stress about it.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
Closest thing I can see to being even remotely okay of things like this is if Dormeho/Tannis is under black beast attack, maybe some fires have started and smoke billows from the town... or something, but even THAT is a stretch...
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=9579#p9579 Wrote:RoboCat » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:51 am[/url]"] Maybe if we'd got that custom ability name, sounds and effect icons from the donation item suggestion the world of SL2 could really flourish. But as it is now. You might as well not stress about it.
Making 'em donation items won't solve the problem for everyone, geez. Think about the casuals too.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]